PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good price for a '99 Ironman

hugabone
11/07/2005, 04:13 PM
I went to a local dealer a saw a '99 Ironman with 61k for 11.9k. I noticed it would need brakes all the way around and maybe rotors, rear taillight replaced. The passenger seat has cracks in the leather. It has an aftermarket radio and missing the CD changer at the bottom, just a big hole. Windows work fine. Starts and sound fine. Couldnt see the engine because the hood latch was broken. Didnt test drive it yet.

They would come down on the price a little if sold As Is. Or sell it to me for full price and fix the issues to get it through inspection. Either way, wasnt a good enough deal for me. Im still looking for a '01 Proton with low miles on it.

Anita
11/07/2005, 04:51 PM
wow.. I would be wary of a truck with that many problems on the outside. Could be that the truck wasnt cared for properly on the inside as well.

Joe_Black
11/07/2005, 06:45 PM
I'm with Anita. Bought my '99 IronMan for $9K and only had to wash it after driving it 1,200 miles home. Maybe offer them $5K! ;)

Corey872
11/08/2005, 06:01 AM
I would say way too high with all that wrong. I bought mine for a lot less and it was very good shape inside and out, brand new tires, new water pump, timing belt, window regulators, brake pads and a few other tid bits.

If you do consider the purchase, I would get it for at least an overnight test drive. Park it somewhere and let it cool and let the oil settle for at least several hours. Make a scratch mark on the dip stick at the top of the oil level. Then hit the highway for 150-200 miles, park it in the same spot and let it cool again. If the oil level is any lower than your mark, let them keep it because it will most likely be one of the legendary oil consumers.

You can search for other posts under my username for the complete saga of my '99 Ironman.