PDA

View Full Version : Heater fan removal??

Paul UK
10/25/2005, 11:36 PM
Hi,

Has anyone ever changed the heater fan (the cab heater/ a/c blower). Mine is making a very bad noise. I've got a replacement part but I'm trying to decide whether to do the replacement myself or to trust my - so far very dissappointing - dealer to do it. Does anyone have any ideas as to how hard or risky it might be?

Thanks
Paul

Nazrat
10/26/2005, 05:52 AM
I've removed the fan to clean in there. I think that there are only 4 screws that hold it into the housing. They face down as I recall.

-Tad

Syntek VX
12/19/2005, 05:14 AM
Pretty easy. look under the passenger side dash and it's only 4 bolts 10mm I think. Unplug it first and then take the bolts out it should slide straight down and out. just put the new one in and plug it in and your done.

Triathlete
12/19/2005, 08:30 AM
Its a bit easier if you first remove the glove box (2 screws). You might try cleaning and lubing the fan. That has cured mine when it started squeeling. :thumbup:

VehiGAZ
12/19/2005, 10:53 AM
Oh, this is annoying! I had to replace the heater fan on my old '79 Volvo 244 TWICE (just like almost everything else on that car), and it was located in a spot behind the center console that was as far as it possibly could be from any point of reasonable access! It was an all-day (and 4-knuckle) project to do, it, too!

And it's just a couple of screws to loosen to get at the VX's heater, huh? No fair.

ScottinMA
01/24/2011, 02:25 PM
Started off to work in the coldest temp recorded on Cape Cod in a few years. Is was -1 and I was on listening to the radio when suddenly my heater fan started making one heck of a racquet. So I'll take it apart and spray some lubricant into it and hope that fixes it....when it gets warmer out. For now, more layers and hoping the window doesn't fog up

mhill
01/24/2011, 05:58 PM
This was the firtst thing I did to mine after I got it home. It is very easy to take it out, clean it up and lube it. I am sure I found how to do it on this website somewhere try the search button cuz I remember photos of the two glove box screws that have to come out. Good Luck!