PDA

View Full Version : Robocop in a VX

ThunderChicken
10/25/2005, 08:02 PM
Hey guys been kicking around this idea for Halloween. Wouldn't the VX make a great vehicle for RoboCop? I don't know how many of you remember RoboCop but he was the half man/half robot super hero that drove around a cheesy Taurus back in the late eighties.

I think the Vx (Ironman Edition) would make a great vehicle for this guy. All one would have to do is strap on a light bar, add some police stuff to the interior and maybe a push bar on the front and you got it.

What do you think?

Moncha
10/25/2005, 08:35 PM
That's been one of my dreams.. I just can't get my sheriff to go along with the plan..

ThunderChicken
10/25/2005, 08:56 PM
Thr real RoboCop replica uniforms are expensive. I just think it would be neat to see a VX pull up to something like a birthday party or cooperate event and RoboCop get out. That would look sweeter than any of the movies.

I bet you could make some serious pocket change out of something like this.

ThunderChicken
10/26/2005, 06:04 AM
Does anybody make a push bar for the VX? How about a police lightbar?

Moncha
10/26/2005, 06:18 AM
No one make anything for the VX.. Tone's site has the push bars and the light bar would be an experiment but, not hard to do.. The new thin style LED lightbar would look the best.

AlaskaVX
10/26/2005, 11:41 AM
I was going to turn my VX into the Team America mobile (3 friends dressed like Team America).... but have since decided to be the Burger King instead.

Robocop would be sweet.

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/26/2005, 01:51 PM
To be totally honest it was the price of the good looking robocop costumes that deterred me...they have a cheesy one for like $49 but you can hardly tell what it supposed to be (looks more like a chrome toaster!).

You are right on the money about the VX though...the first movie used a Ford Taurus I believe. Maybe a Mustang in sequel?

I came up with another idea for Halloween but ran out of time to get everything together....My Friends and I going as Ghostbusters and the IronMan VX as the "Ecto 1"....found the valet plate on Ebay but lost the auction 'cause I was at work....also found vynil GB decals (no ghosts symbol) but they were on the small side for using on doors and black & white instead of red & white..... found plenty of adult GB costumes on ebay and internet for about $49....also found GB business cards for about $3. :p

http://community.webshots.com/photo/418704015/418704015raQSvt#

ThunderChicken
10/27/2005, 10:36 AM
Okay, I need your help on this. I am going to convert my VX over to a Urban Assualt Vehicle as the Robocop vehicle.

Anybody got any ideas? I know I will need a light bar, a brush guard (push bar) for the front and tinted glass all around. What else? It already has the macho look for the job.

This is going to be neat.

Hotsauce
10/29/2005, 10:59 AM
You need an ED209 for complete effect.

http://www.sixi6me-element.com/A45/baron5toy-robocop.jpg

John C.

mbeach
10/29/2005, 02:15 PM
Flat black paint is a must.

ThunderChicken
10/29/2005, 03:50 PM
Thinking about painting the VX flat black. I will loose the Ironman package when I do this but I think swapping out the Ironman for a one of a kind RoboCop Urban Assault Vehicle will be worth it.

Heck, I can always buy another Ironman.

I agree the flat black paint scheme will tie it in together.

mbeach
10/31/2005, 08:15 AM
The Ironman package doesn't add a lot to the vehicle's value -if it adds anything at all.

I've been considering selling my Ironman to purchase a Unimog -I'll keep you in mind if I do ;)