PDA

View Full Version : Holy $#*T, I found it!

Corey872
10/21/2005, 08:12 PM
Well, I found my VX up for sale!! 1999 VX Ironman, $10,975, Earley Enterprises, Mission KS. Wonder if I should stroll over there tomorrow and tell them what condition it's in and see if they would like to knock about 4-5K off of the price?!? or see how much they would give me for a 93 bronco! Maybe I could get the CD's back that I left in the player!

Man, I miss the VX! It was kind of like strapping on a sports car that just happened to have 4 wheel drive.

transio
10/22/2005, 08:11 AM
What condition is it in?

Corey872
10/22/2005, 10:04 AM
Steve,

Briefly - It's in good cosmetic shape - better than you would expect for 99K mi. and it runs great - dealership replaced timing belt, water pump, window regulators, battery and a host of other things. But it has the legendary Isuzu oil consumption issue. About 1qt / 400 miles. Last I knew it was doped up with 20W50 oil and I suspect something like "motor honey" but still using 1qt / 500 miles.

The dealership I bought it from gave me a full refund after I had it only 2 months, they sold it at auction and it has turned up at another local dealer who is most likely fully unaware that it consumes oil. It gives absolutely no sign that it's consuming (smoke out the pipe, black plugs, excessive blow by, etc) But you have to dump in a qt of oil w/ every tank of gas or she will go dry.

Search for my earlier posts for the whole story.

Corey

transio
10/22/2005, 12:52 PM
Yipes! Someone's gonna get screwed!!!