PDA

View Full Version : Everyones going to want one of these...

Triathlete
10/19/2005, 10:07 AM
...to park next to their VX!
http://site.aol.com/images/autos/Tokyo_Suzuki_LC200135.jpg

Okay, maybe not. But the new Nissan Skyline GTR will hit the states in 2007!
http://site.aol.com/images/autos/Tokyo_Nissan_GTR200135.jpg

VCAMILO
10/19/2005, 10:40 AM
Its a concept and it will never look anything like that...

Cyrk
10/19/2005, 10:44 AM
Official photos on the site... going to be NICE!
http://www.gtrproto.com/

Joe_Black
10/19/2005, 11:31 AM
It'll still get neutered before import. Wonder what wimpy powerplant they'll foist upon us gullible peasants. :rolleyes:

pbkid
10/19/2005, 12:37 PM
looks waaaay too much like a 350z for me. same type of headlights, same shape. trying to make it too futuristic. i like the old body better.

mbeach
10/19/2005, 12:38 PM
I WILL have one in my garage -regardless of the US Spec powerplant. We'll never get an RB series motor, but I'd settle for a twin-turbo'd VQ if I had to.

Oh, and it better be AWD -ATESSA or otherwise.

MZ-N10
10/19/2005, 01:19 PM
i heards it doesnt get a turbo vq. its gonna stay na, either a upped vq35 or a vq40(the v8 one). btw its built off the z33/v35(g35,350z) chassis.

scratch wat i said before....got this off of motortrend

Nissan Skyline GT-R

You’re looking at 80 to 90 percent of the 2008 production GT-R, according to Nissan design chief Shiro Nakamura. We can’t tell you whether it will be sold in North America as the Nissan GT-R or the Infiniti GT-R, because Nissan brass claims it hasn’t decided. By now, fights ought to be breaking out between U.S. Nissan and Infiniti dealerships anxious to get this M3/Z06/Cayman/NSX/Lexus supercoupe-fighter in showrooms. We can end rumors that Nissan would slide in a 4.5-liter V-8 for North America and tell you that the United States get the same engine as the rest of the world. The engine we expect for the GT-R worldwide will be a highly tuned twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6, powering the rear wheels. The GT-R Proto features a small break in the roofline aiding what Nakamura says is a very aerodynamic package. Its twin round taillamps help “express the heyday of the GT-R,” a car until now has not officially been sold outside of Japan. The ’08 model launching in late ’07 will be the first GT-R sold in left- as well as right-hand-drive versions. The Proto’s front end is a bit “conceptual,” which means it needs a real-world front bumper and headlamps, but this show car is a solid approximation of the reborn street legend coming to our shores.

mbeach
10/19/2005, 01:38 PM
I was going off of this quote from Automobile Magazine:

"What we do know is that the GT-R will be Nissan’s modern equivalent of the mid-1980s Porsche 959: a staggeringly fast, all-wheel-drive, technology-laden flagship coupe into which Nissan engineers and designers have poured their souls. Sources report that the 2008 Skyline will be built on a unique all-wheel-drive platform and powered by a twin-turbo version of the 350Z’s 3.5-liter V-6, possibly bored out to 4.0 liters. The grapevine speaks of 450 hp allied to Nissan’s next-generation, variable-torque-split, ATTESA E-TS all-wheel-drive system. We say, how about a 500-hp, twin-turbo version of the 4.5-liter Infiniti V-8, instead?"

For $70k, it had better be in the 450-500 hp range to even raise an eyebrow in America.

TEN36VX
10/20/2005, 03:09 PM
Personally, I await the Toyota Alessandro Volta (http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/volta.html).

Scissor doors, three seats across, can move the wheel & petals to drive from any of them, and its a Hybrid...
See, I'm concerned about the environment too :)

WyrreJ
10/20/2005, 06:32 PM
The skyline looks like a 350z+new-mustang+new-cadillac. If the report of RWD only is correct, then somebody at Nissan has lost a clue or two.

The volta sounds cool, especially the 4 individual motors, lots of cool things you can do with independent drive like that, and it looks like a slightly modernized lambo diablo. Probably too good to ever make it here looking like that.

VehiX
10/21/2005, 07:47 AM
Its a concept and it will never look anything like that...

Interesting comment coming from a VX owner :p