PDA

View Full Version : Shipment costs across the Atlantic

LiquidVX
10/19/2005, 03:30 AM
Just writing to check in and ask a quick question. Also sorry guys for not making the Brookline meet on Oct, 1. I really just had to much to do.

Right now I am sitting in a Net Cafe in Funchal, Madeira. I have been here almost 2 weeks and have already found a good job, a nice girl, and maybe a flat of my own in the city so I dont have to live in the mountains like a hermit.

I plan on going back to the states for X-mas, but then leaving for good. Originally I was to stay 2 years, but I just like it here too much. As I have stated in the past I cannot bare to part with my VX so I am looking into how and how much it will cost to ship her here. My friend Duarte says it shouldnt be more than €2000 but he is often wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I won´t be able to check the replies to this post for probably a week but feel free to chime in anyways. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

thebear54
10/19/2005, 03:59 AM
Hey Hey Kevin....
I see you are enjoying the Good Life already :) Man, a new job, girlfriend, new friends and an apartment...all in two weeks. You don't waste any time do you? LOL
Overseas shipping can cost anywhere from $1200 to $2500 (probably more around $2500 to Spain) Throw it in a Container in New York and the VX will be there in about 4 to 6 weeks. Piece of cake...it's done all the time.
Contact a local shipper or have your parents contact a shipper in NY about the details.
Don't have too much fun :)
John

thedutchguy
10/19/2005, 08:18 AM
roll on roll of will only set you back $800,00 !

LiquidVX
10/21/2005, 06:01 AM
my friend andrew who lives here gave me a number for Intermadeira. His family owns a vineyard here and they do business with them. They are telling me €2200 but maybe he can get me a discount, who knows. Thanks for the info, I never knew it was so easy. I would like that $800 price tag much better. HOW HOW HOW?

Mantronix7
10/21/2005, 07:50 AM
Just make sure you know the import duty as well. Here in Thailand, the import duty for a used car with over 3000cc is about 130% of it's original market value. :eek: