PDA

View Full Version : What replaces the Pure OnePL24458 oil filter ?

Sheik-YurBooty
10/18/2005, 03:00 PM
I cant locate a store that carries the pure one PL24458 oil filter, does anyone know other oversized filters that are crossed referrenced to it?. I,m using Mobil 1 oil and a Green air filter. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maugan_VX
10/18/2005, 03:42 PM
The VX takes the PL14459 or are you looking for a filter for a different vehicle?

Sheik-YurBooty
10/18/2005, 03:50 PM
I was looking for one about the same size as the PL24458 for my VX

Maugan_VX
10/18/2005, 06:24 PM
May I inquire as to why you want to use a different size oil filter?

deermagnet
10/18/2005, 07:12 PM
What are the considerations when looking for an oversized filter? The by-pass valve needs to have the same stiffness as the OEM by-pass specification. The reason for this is fairly simple: Too weak a spring will cause the filter to by-pass all the time, and too strong a spring may cause the filter to restrict oil flow and lower oil pressure.

A couple years back someone posted this same general info they got from a filter manufacturer, here or at Club VMag. Different engines have different oil pressures and need a specific type of bypass valve in the filter. I was thinking, "WOW, if I had an oversized oil filter on my VX, I'd be getting it off there asap." There's no car company in the world that would honor an engine warranty claim if you brought it in with the WRONG oil filter on it.

Has anyone ever compared the bypass valve specs on an oversized filter with the OEM oil filter? Or do you just get one that fits and pray that it works right? :(

Mark

Sheik-YurBooty
10/18/2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your feedback Mark. What filter would you suggest?
Thanks, Bruce

Tone
10/18/2005, 08:00 PM
Fram and Advance and K&N make filters that cross to that number or ask the counter guy as there are more.

Sheik-YurBooty
10/18/2005, 11:35 PM
thanks so much for all of your help through the past few years. You were always on the money!!!!! & most of all , best of luck with your new ride! Gonna be greatly missed by all of VX' ers....Take care, Bruce :( :( :( :( :(