PDA

View Full Version : front/rear cladding

blacksambo
10/17/2005, 09:49 PM
Hello Fellow VX'ers,

Unfortunately, I was rear ended this evening and will be most likely needing new front and rear center cladding pieces. Does any one have a lead on these parts or have any info on what I might expect to pay?

Many Thanks

SPAZZ
10/17/2005, 09:54 PM
shipping on a front and rear cladding piece from me to you would be WAY too much...but, I do have the front bumper bar and brackets and hardware.

I am not sure how much shipping would be on the front bumper bar, but as light and weak as the stock one is you might as well just have one made.

Try St Charles ISuzu...ask for Merlin

blacksambo
10/17/2005, 10:06 PM
Hi Spazz,

Thanks for the quick response. May I infer from your response that these cladding pieces still exist? Also, I was rear ended bty a low slung Hyundai and was raised up saving the bumper bar from damage (my front end was pushed squarely into the bumper hitch of a Mazda ahead of me leaving a sharp square im print and again saving my bumper bar. My rear cladding was cut deeply leaving me cosmetic damage, alone. I'd like to make an insurance claim against the striking vehicle (have verifyng police report) and replace both pieces.

Many Thanks

johnnyapollo
10/18/2005, 03:06 AM
I purchased the rear cladding from St Charles Isuzu - free shipping plus a discount if you mention this group. Do a search to find the number.

-- John

blacksambo
10/18/2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks John, I'll call this AM.

Lashsquat
10/18/2005, 08:12 AM
Just a suggestion here. as i do not know how bad the damage is, the same thing happen to me and the insurance company was going to buy new cladding for me rear bumper, tail gate piece,rt side rear qt panel.i was afaid of the new cladding not matching the old.. my damage was just surface deep,with 1 or 2 inch impressions and deep cuts i pop out the cladding in the rear ,so i had the insurance cover rino spraying all of my claddings, "which is something i wanted to do any way"..and the polyurthane covered all the cuts marks and every thing matches and looks brand new.... may be something you could consider??

Francesco Rizzo
10/18/2005, 04:31 PM
car-parts.com (http://car-part.com/) I used this for a few parts already and it worked out pretty good. by the way if anyone wants a cheap driver's side windows/locks switch pm me.

blacksambo
10/19/2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. It turns out that St Charles Isuzu can get these fairly reasonably and my other cladding looks like new so I'll go that route. Thanks just the same.