PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Good Vehicross Mechanic in NJ/NY

SeanEnglish
10/13/2005, 01:25 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum, really impressed with the quality of the knowledge and help you guys offer each other.

I recently bought a vehicross and need your advice...

Can anyone recommend a good vehicross mechanic in the New Jersey / New York Area. I live near Paramus and the only one I know are Cerami Isuzu - not sure if they are any good ? Anyone here use them before ?

Thanks !!! - Sean

mbeach
10/13/2005, 01:33 PM
Look up some of the guys on Importfanatix.com.

They have the lowdown on most of the dealers in the metro area.
Scrapin240, a member of this site (who hasn't posted in ages) was a fellow IFXer -he had a VX in Queens.

For basic mechanical work, I strongly suggest the Midas shop on the 1&9 in Jersey City. It is run by a man named Sam (Abubakr, I think), who is a smart and talented mechanic. He's taken care of me in the past (used to live in Hoboken) and I'm sure that he'll do you right.

You won't find too many Isuzu dealers that qualify as "good" around here. Just a few bright spots (like Merlin at St. Charles) in a relatively shady crowd.

SeanEnglish
10/14/2005, 06:46 AM
for the leads !

SeanEnglish
10/17/2005, 06:54 AM
MBEACH,

Do you have the phone number for the Midas shop you recommended in Jersey City. I got a phone number for Midas, from 411 directory, but the guy who answered the phone said there was no Sam (Abubaker) there and had no knowledge of working on Vehicrosses.

Thanks,

Sean

Doc4h
10/17/2005, 07:53 AM
Just don't go to the Midas in Paramus NJ they messed up both times I went there. They did however finally fix everything the right way but it took me going back about 8 times in total they did my brake rotors and pads and did not tighten my front RT hub all the way thank god my wheel did not fall of. They did pay for the tow back to there shop. My second bad adventure was having my CATS replaced that took 6 times because there welds and the factory welds on the Magnaflow CATS were cracking. I finally got then to replace both CATS with new ones and had there best guy fix all the bad work the first guy did. Now it looks, sounds, and runs great. But that’s should happen the first time not the sixth. So don't use Midas in Paramus NJ

mbeach
10/17/2005, 08:46 AM
Do you have the phone number for the Midas shop you recommended in Jersey City. I got a phone number for Midas, from 411 directory, but the guy who answered the phone said there was no Sam (Abubaker) there and had no knowledge of working on Vehicrosses.

Lemme mapquest a location for you. I don't remember the number, try the yellow pages -that's where I found it. 411 is a little hokey sometimes. Sam is the owner of this place, if he's gone, so is the good service.
I didn't have a VehiCROSS when I lived there (parallel parking was tough enough with an S14/ then WRX).
A VX is just a Trooper, I get irritated when I get stalled on simple services just because some 'tech' doesn't know his trucks.

EDIT:
Sean, I'm sorry -it's a Meineke car care center. 700 Tonnelle Ave. It's in the book.

SeanEnglish
10/17/2005, 11:19 AM
MBEACH THANK YOU for the info !!! I found the guy you recommended.

Doc4H, thank you for warning me against Midas in Paramus. I will steer clear of them.

Francesco Rizzo
10/18/2005, 07:37 AM
Cerami will suck your wallet dry, but they'll fix any problem alright after a few visits. got my transfer case changed and tod overhauled a few times.. My 45K was like 5-6 hundred bucks with an allignment included

SeanEnglish
10/18/2005, 01:57 PM
Cerami will suck your wallet dry, but they'll fix any problem alright after a few visits. got my transfer case changed and tod overhauled a few times.. My 45K was like 5-6 hundred bucks with an allignment included

Thanks Francesco. Seems like Cerami has left a bad taste in quite a few peoples mouths. I'll avoid them. - Sean