PDA

View Full Version : Interior parts? *reposted*

coachreed
04/04/2003, 05:19 AM
I'm just wondering if interior parts are hard to come by or overly expensive on the VX. I am picking my VX up in just 12 hours and have already started planning my audio/video system. I however make it a point to NOT cut ANYTHING that is original in a car... especially if the car is a rarity. Take my trade-in for today to get my VX... it had a complete audio/video system in it and after a handful of hours yesterday... ALL original parts are back in and you can't tell I had even tampered with it.

I plan to do a monitor in the dash (for A/V and for rear-view), a couple monitors in the rear and maybe even one in the VERY back for show reasons. I will have a DVD player and also either/or Playstation2/XBox... my son and I make LOTS of long trips... gotta have him entertained. ;Db; ;pb;

Anyway, I prefer to NOT cut anything original... buy replacement to cut up, so I want to know where a good source is for these parts as I know there weren't too many made. Any help would be appreciated as I wanna dig in ASAP to get things done. Salvage yard parts would be great, but I don't expect there are too many there. New dealer parts are great too, but from a dealer who might discount the parts a great deal would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Coach... aka Randy!

AnalogVX
04/04/2003, 06:39 AM
Check out St. Charles Isuzu.
http://www.stcharlesauto.com/newparts.html
They offer really great prices and free shipping. Just mention internet pricing.
Another OK place is Isuzu parts net http://www.isuzuparts.net/

*EDIT* for non working link

coachreed
04/04/2003, 06:44 AM
RichD-
Thanks for the links... I'll check them out over the weekend... after I figure out just how many parts I plan to hack up in my quest for A/V madness. I would just definitely NOT want to cut up parts and then find out a few years from now that I can't get them replaced.

Thanks again.

Randy!

XCross69
04/04/2003, 07:59 AM
Hey good luck get-n your VX....I'm excited for you!!!!

IsuZOOM
04/04/2003, 01:34 PM
I beleive it's USA law that requires automakers to produce parts for 10 years after the original manufacture, so we should be okay for awhile...

mrtew
04/05/2003, 07:48 AM
I burned the plastic piece right above my Cigarette lighter. It's a wide U shaped trim piece that surrounds the lighter, ashtray, and CD player at the bottom of the console. How much does it cost, and what's the part number? Help me out here?

IsuZOOM
04/06/2003, 02:05 PM
Dealer would be the best person to ask :) You can probably call any Isuzu Parts Dept and they can find out the part # for you within a minute or two over the phone, I've done it dozens of times.