PDA

View Full Version : Factory keyless entry indicator (high pitch beep sound)

Moon-machine
10/11/2005, 07:15 AM
Hello All,

I ran into a problem with the keyless entry/headlights on indicator that beeps any time you open the doors with keyless entry, or the system that makes it have a continuous high pitch beeping sound if you leave your lights on after you pull the keys, or attempt to lock the doors with the keypad while a door is still open.

My problem actually revolves around the fact that this sound now will not turn off unless I disconnect the battery or turn the headlights on. This only started occurring after some substantial rain and it started doing it while the car was sitting outside without any provocation from me (at 5:00 A.M this morning I guess it thought it was time for me to wake up). Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

robspena@comcast.net

Yefim
10/11/2005, 08:31 AM
I get the exact same problem, had it for a few years already and also only after some heavy rains when I park outside. My guess is water gets somewhere and causes a short. Everything seems to work fine and I also disconnect the battery because I am worried it will run out of juice. A few days later after it dries out the noise goes away so I haven't fixed it. If you find the problem please post it here.

Thanks

Moon-machine
10/12/2005, 09:30 AM
After the problem persisting, I went ahead and pulled all connections from the Security System Control Unit located directly under the dash mounted to the floorboard (farthest black unit away from the brake pedal with brackets extending it outward). After leaving it disconnected for a few minutes, I reattached the connections and the problem no longer exists. Everything else works fine, and even with additional rain the problem has not come back as of yet.