PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam Treatment

Dare2Dream
10/07/2005, 06:33 PM
I've heard great things about the Seafoam Treatment and i'd like to do it on my VX. Anyways, i searched the site and didn't find much info on it other than these two threads:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6666&highlight=sea+foam

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=4549&highlight=sea+foam

I've already added half the can to the crankcase and will be adding one can to the fuel. However, i also want to drip half a can into the Throttle Body but i'm not sure how to do it. Another thread says "let the engine sniff one-half pint thru the PCV valve while running." Does this sound right to you guys? Which end of the PCV value location should i pour it in (i'm not that knowledgeable on the VX)?

Have any of you guys tried this, did the VX throw any codes?

Thanks for the help.

Numba1goalie
10/07/2005, 07:41 PM
After a while of trial and error, I discovered that you want to dissconnect the tube running into the intake just before the throttle body on the passenger side of the vehicle. if you do any other pvc tube it will stall or not turn on when removed. VERY SLOWLY pour the fluid in. If you poors to fast you will stall the engine. So it would be best if you used a flexable funnel.

Make sure when you do it that you have the engine on and warmed up, pour seafoam, then turn off for 5 minutes then start again after 5 minutes of off time for maximum effectivness.

Also, I hope you are planning on changing the oil after 500 miles cause thats how long you should have that seafoam stuff in there.

I hope you see as good of results as I did!

Dare2Dream
10/07/2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks man, this is exactly the help i was hoping for!!

If there is anything else you can say that would help me find the tube you are talking about, please do so. I will try to find the tube tomorrow.

I have heard great things about Seafoam, so i am really looking forward to it:)

Numba1goalie
10/07/2005, 11:45 PM
Well to be more discriptive.

The tube is black, and comes off a hole on the side of the intake hose, as i said, on the passenger side of the vehicle, about 2-4 inches from the throttle body. Remember to only do about 1/3-1/2 of the bottle, then dump the rest into the gas tank.

Dare2Dream
10/08/2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks, this is very helpful.

Is it the red tube in this picture?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showfull.php?photo=2080

If it is, then i need something to pour into that opening since that is sideways. You recommend using a flexible funnel, where can i buy one of those?

Numba1goalie
10/08/2005, 07:55 PM
Yes, that red tube is the one. You can get a flexable tube at any major auto parts store or hardware.

Dare2Dream
10/09/2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks man, i did the seafoam treatment today, the instructions worked out great. Bought a measuring funnel that comes with a flexible tube from Walmart. I didn't get alot of smoke but got some, and the VX is running noticably smoother now. It only has 35K but still this is good maintenance. I recently changed the PCV, now i'm gonna next change the fuel filter and clean the EGR :)