PDA

View Full Version : Sad day, the VX is gone.

Corey872
10/06/2005, 10:04 AM
Well, it is a sad day…the dealership has had the VX for the past two weeks to correct the oil burning issue but no work has been done. First, they said they were waiting on parts, then they claimed that since this vehicle was repossessed, the bank is supposed to cover half of the cost of repairs and the dealership is responsible for the other half. The dealer says the bank is balking at having to pay for an engine rebuild (of course the bank may say the same thing about the dealer!)

Luckily, the dealer agreed to let me return the VX for full credit and take back the Bronco. Financially, that is my best move for now, but it sure turns my stomach now that I have the “devil truck” back again and the shiny VX is setting back at the dealer.

I will also put the word out early…(mods, if you want to post this in a different thread for maximum viewing, feel free or let me know and I will do it)

BUYER BEWARE – 1999 Ironman VIN JACCN57XXX7991612 – BURNS OIL about 1qt / 450 miles. It will probably be going to auction in the mid-west (ie, Kansas City, Topeka, KS - Wichita, KS area)

Ldub
10/06/2005, 10:09 AM
Corey,
Kind of a tough pill to swallow to be sure...just wasn't meant to be. Look on the bright side though, there will be the "right" VX coming along, probably when least expected.
Keep looking, you'll find "the one".
Ldub

Joe_Black
10/06/2005, 10:26 AM
Sorry to hear that Corey. :( Can you share the name of the dealership? Someone looking for a good project VX may get a bargain as most dealers will sell before running to auction.

Corey872
10/06/2005, 10:45 AM
Joe - The name of the dealer is "Autoexchange" in Lawrence, KS. I have to hand it to them...although they have been a little slow, I feel they have been relatively honest and easy to deal with.

I just about crapped my pants when I checked the oil after the first tank of gas and found there was none on the dipstick, but when I called the dealer, they said they would "get it taken care of" and do "what ever it takes to make me happy" (I'm sure they mean "within reason"!)

But in the end, they came through. Of course what would really make me happy was a new replacement engine for the VX at no cost, but even I didn't expect that would happen.

As far as getting a "bargain"...of course anyone can feel free to try, but that was one of the chips I put out on the table as well... asking if they would just refund a portion of the purchase price to make up for the engine. They went back to the claim that since the VX was for sale due to a repo, the bank and the dealer had a 50/50 share of the profits and the bank wasn't budging on their side.

In reality, I suspect what will happen is, since the vehicle looks and runs great with absolutely no indication of oil consumption until you drive it, the bank will take it to a wholesale auction where it will sell "as-is" for a decent price. This will effectively "wash their hands" of the whole issue. It will then go onto another dealer lot and they will get to deal with it.

One thought I had was trying to track it down in a couple months, see what the dealer price and warranty is, either go to them and explain how I know what the vehicle history is and see if they would want to cut their losses early, or specifically (in writing) warranty the engine against oil consumption.

WormGod
10/07/2005, 07:32 AM
I feel your pain since mine too is in the shop for the day. Just getting a little checkup, but, the loaner I have is MORE than enough to make me feel happy....

http://www.punkito.com/photogal/albums/userpics/10001/normal_chrysler.jpg

Ooooo, makes me want one. What a ride. I smell "commuter"!!!!

ocwiley
10/08/2005, 05:16 AM
:(
well it happen to me! i was going to work and dropping my 3year old off at pre-school wed am. when i had a coughing episode and passed out ( I have been sick for a couple of weeks!) i crossed the line and hit a car head on which woke me back up on impacted! ouch! it was only about 25mph but no brakes applied! luckily my son was only scared and shakened up but now i had more chest pains! my son liked riding in the ambulance! the other driver was ok however, now he's saying he's has some injuries! well i'm out of er and back home hobbling around. just got the preliminary estimate from the body shop...14K! of course i canceled my collision coverage sometime ago. ( i felt they wouldn't give me my fair value for what i was paying!)
so now what do to...................
option 1- total rebuild , could go up a few more Ks since it was only a preliminary estimate. ( cost 16k+)

option 2- saw a 1999 black vx in the paper yesterday for 6k!? didn't get a call back yet. (i was thinking of buying this one and taking all my goodies and trasfering over to the 1999) (cost about 9K)

option 3- sell off my goodies to you guys, super charger, like new interior ect, ect.(i just had it detailed which i do every other month ,22k miles, i'm original owner) and get a Pantera which is my first dream car i never had.
(maybe get a K from sale of parts, pantera 38-48k)

option 4- just say F@#%* it! and walk away and buy something within reason for an old man whose has a family (a great young wife, 3 mo newborn, 3 year old son, which loved the car also!) maybe a mini van that gets good gas mileage!!? mmmmmmm sounds something my dear mother would have suggested! and i rarely took her advice. ( cost 20k for a good used minivan)

for all you vxers out there i was just helping you guys out the get the numbers down, eventually the vx will become a collectable. at least that was what i was hoping for!
aloha,
ocwiley

cjskelton
11/01/2005, 08:00 AM
Corey872's VX is now for sale at :
Earley Enterprises
5944 Broadmoor
Mission, KS

I found it on Cars.com

$9975 and in 'Great Condition'!

Buyer Beware!

Jay

Artist4Sale
11/05/2005, 05:22 PM
IF you want to drive to Fort Leonard Wood Missouri you can buy mine! I have to get a bigger vehicle...we had a baby, was going to look this week. I have a 2001 Dragon Mica green...79,000 or so miles on it, perfect shape...REALLY don't want to get rid of it! UGH!

Stacey

Corey872
11/07/2005, 03:53 PM
cjskelton

Yep, that is her...I had another post to follow up that should be on here somewhere. If that is the latest price, looks like they are coming down fast...when I first saw it, I think it was around $11,000 - still seems like a bargain compared to the two other VX's in this area... both ~42K miles for $17,500 and $22,000!

Stacey -

Thanks for the offer, but I picked up a run-of-the-mill Blazer to handle the towing/hauling chores. Different experience going from a 1 of 4500 VX to seeing 4500 copies of my blazer every time I am out.

Artist4Sale
11/09/2005, 06:11 AM
Thought I would at least ask another VX lover! She is gone now though...SO UPSET! I picked up a new 2006 Jeep Commander...the things we do when we have a baby!!!

Stacey