PDA

View Full Version : Ironman?

sagwagon
04/03/2003, 03:54 PM
Not talking about the vehicle. Anyone on the boards here that is an IRONMAN(WOMAN?) Just curious if we have ironmen driving ironmen.Would seem iron-ic, wouldn't it;Db; ? SWW

Moncha
04/03/2003, 03:59 PM
Triathlete (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=28) Is an Ironman but he drives a '99 Black

carlymac
04/03/2003, 05:18 PM
I ran my Ironman in a as a pace car in an Ironman sponsored race in Memphis, Tn. a couple years ago. That gave me bragging rites the way I see it:D

sagwagon
04/03/2003, 05:57 PM
Scott/CARLYMAC; While I like the IRONMAN VX's, that's why I avoided them. I've done some Ironman's and it just seemed like I'd be too full of myself if I got one. Wouldn't you know it...found a neat vehicle I like and I have to avoid a segment of them because of the name! Still waiting for my '99 'plain ol' vx to arrive.

xdfarrx
04/03/2003, 06:59 PM
I never done nothing of the sort. I did World Cup in snowboarding and pulled some good placing in the X-games, to the real Ironmen/women triathletes you are gnarly and props to you for being so...but nonetheless I thought that Ironman stuff was a little over the top- I debadeged all the stuff right when I got mine. However the tint job that is part of the Ironman package is nice- Only person I need knowing I am an Ironman is my girlfriend if you know what I am saying-

tomdietrying
04/04/2003, 05:19 AM
I don't know about being an Ironman, but I'm an athlete. It's a big part of my life ever since I can remember-----done everything from boxing to marathons and most things inbetween.

I keep most of my adventures now days to backpacking and mountain biking.

Dallas4u
04/04/2003, 06:30 AM
I'm only an Ironman when it counts, baby!

Triathlete
04/04/2003, 09:18 AM
7 Ironmans and counting (Vineman x4, Ironman California x2, Ironman Utah). #8 will be in Couer D'Alene June 29! Still chasing the ellusive slot for Hawaii! Saw my first Vehicross at IM Cali. Izusu was the title sponsor. Don't drive an IM edition though.
Did that Memphis race happen to be the Memphis in May triathlon?:nuke: :rotate: :nuke:
http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/003/20/A1/02/3B/AJNSIoQ+5iz6A5lApsLs7VbvSo6ZAqeP0060.jpg http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/00F/46/FD/3C/A3/+jG1voCKZWRlmJRQalaoM2w3S9-Bfzov0060.jpg :thumbup:

carlymac
04/04/2003, 11:35 AM
Hey triathlete, That may have been the name of the race but I'm not sure. I do know that it was some sort of qualification race in the Ironman competition. The winners got some sort of points or ranking or somthing. And I believe it was in the month of May. I was just along for the ride. I had strobes on my VX at the time and when I arrived to watch a college buddy of mine run the race a rep. from Ironman asked if I wanted to pace the race. I agreed and got a hell of a parking space and some Ironman paraphernailia out of the deal. Other than that I don't know any particulars. But pretty cool non the less.