PDA

View Full Version : Theft

SPAZZ
09/30/2005, 02:24 PM
:mad: well it happened. Last night someone broke into my VX and stole some readily available items. The outside sensor light on my house went off twice. Both times I went out with my spotlight and searched. Nothing. This morning went out to get my old regestration out of the glove box because it was time to renew...and my whole automobile portfolio was gone, along with two pairs of binoculars, a lensatic compass worth $600, and my Axe Phoenix body spray.

My automobile portfolio contained all the manuals on my VX as well as all the manuals on my stereo system, winch, amp, and a set of $80 tire deflators ...you can even screw them on the tire stems and drive and they deflate to desired pressure and then stop deflating. I hope they open the lensatic compass and the radiation makes all their teethe and hair fall out.

bad things come in 3's my wife says.

1) went to work last night and found out I was being laid off
2) my wife slammed her hand in the car door
3) my VX was broken into and things stole from me

if anyone has any extra VX manuals laying around I would greatly appreciate it???

AlaskaVX
09/30/2005, 02:35 PM
Bummer SPAZZ, I hate thieves especially when they grab stuff they will never need and are important to you. Hope you find a new job easily and get your life back on track.

What the heck is a lensatic compass?
Radiation? $600? a compass WTF?

Ldub
09/30/2005, 03:26 PM
Spazz,
Sorry to hear of your loss...btw there is a lesson to be learned here, NEVER leave Axe fragrances of any kind in your ride, shemale thieves are attracted to it from miles around.
Ldub

SPAZZ
09/30/2005, 03:43 PM
a lensatic compass has low levels of radiation in it that glows at night...so you never have to worry about seeing the compass if you are lost at night. It was mine from the Marine Corps..I can't replace it unless I find a military contact and get one that way. It is sealed and the case even says "warning, do not open" on it...so hopefully they are stupid and do it anyway.

nyc #1 ironman
09/30/2005, 03:45 PM
sorry to hear such bad news spazz

transio
09/30/2005, 03:51 PM
and my Axe Phoenix body sprayThose BASTARDS !!!

AlaskaVX
09/30/2005, 03:58 PM
a lensatic compass has low levels of radiation in it that glows at night...so you never have to worry about seeing the compass if you are lost at night. It was mine from the Marine Corps..I can't replace it unless I find a military contact and get one that way. It is sealed and the case even says "warning, do not open" on it...so hopefully they are stupid and do it anyway.

I'm curious if insurance would cover it? Would they give you enough to buy a new one and how would they go about pricing one if it is only military issue? :confused: I wheel with a bunch of military guys here if you need a military contact (I'm sure ya know someone though)

LMAO Transio

Y33TREKker
09/30/2005, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear of all the bad news. Is it just me, or has anyone else never equated theft with Boise? :confused:

;Do;

Maybe the AXE will attrack some female police officers.

transio
09/30/2005, 04:51 PM
Funny thing is, the first time I read it, after the funky Compass, I thought the "Phoenix Axe" was gonna be some special $1000 axe for chopping down titanium telephone poles or something.

dkmiller68
09/30/2005, 05:04 PM
Any damage to VX?

ScottinMA
09/30/2005, 05:50 PM
James,

Hate to ask under the circumstances but would appreciate info on those tire deflators. Where did you get em?

Scott

Triathlete
09/30/2005, 06:00 PM
Scott, most off road shops should carry them. There are several differant types and they all run about the same $$.

SPAZZ
09/30/2005, 06:13 PM
no known damage to VX, but would like to know how they got around my factory alarm and it wasn't thru the rear door. They opened my ash tray which was full of quarters dimes and nickles and left it open without taking any of it. They didn't take the detachable face plates off of either head unit, my 3million candle power spotlight, Gerber shovels, Warn snatch block, amp, screwdrivers and pair of dikes that were laying on the floorboard on passengers side, fuzz buster, CB, nor the tools,rock climbing equipment, or sleeping bags.

Just the two pair of expensive small binoculars, Compass(which I hope they open and drink fluid=p ), Auto portfolio, deflators, and my Axe body spray ... they left the cap in the glove box of the body spray and one of the Bino caps. What am I gonna do with one bino cap???.

I have the 300 win mag locked cocked and ready to rock if they come back.

MZ-N10
09/30/2005, 06:14 PM
i had my vx broken into earlier this year...they swiped my controller to my deck (not the deck or faceplate) and my air freshener(which was empty, i needed to replace it)....sorry to hear tho...

btw, did they break any windows?

TucsonVX
09/30/2005, 06:15 PM
Spazz

Why didn't your car alarm go off? Maybe they have a key? The thieves are meth heads and just wanted your registration so they can rip you off again. watch out for identity theft.

WyrreJ
09/30/2005, 09:22 PM
It isn't the lensatic'ness of the compass that makes it radioactive - i.e. you can have non-radioactive lensatic compasses. The radioactive part is the glow-in-the-dark tritium which is an (overly) regulated substance in the USA, but really no big deal. You can buy tritium in many forms, even glow-powder, in other countries like the UK. It is not particularly radioactive, so the thieves are unlikely to suffer any damage, even if they were to eat the compass.

You can purchase military grade lensatic compasses from many sources. Here is one for $80: http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/level4s.tam?xax=6502

SPAZZ
09/30/2005, 09:54 PM
well, I got my auto portfolio back. The neighbors husband found it in front of their car this morning and took it with him to work. When he came home tonight she told him that my VX was broken into and he told her what he found. So, I got the auto portfolio back and my deflaters.

I am going to the pawn shop tomorrow and looking for my binos and my compass.

transio
09/30/2005, 11:22 PM
Great news, Spazz! Good luck with the compass and binocs tomorrow! Maybe you can buy it back for $10! :p I guess that's the good thing about living in a town where there's only one pawn shop! LOL.

SPAZZ
10/01/2005, 12:58 PM
So I couldn't sleep all night...finally got to sleep this morning but couldn't sleep past 12:30. Woke up and went to the pawn shop and acted like a normal customer. I looked at the binos and then asked if they had any compasses...the guy said all they had now was the compasses on the survival knifes.

I was 2 seconds away from leaving when a scratch at the back of my head told me to look at the counter or over the counter. What do I find??? By the back door at the counter is a guy(Chris ODell Faulkner) of Nevada...warrants in Texas, and Idaho fugitive with one pair of my binoculars, compass, and Kershaw knife. So, I tell him to freeze and call 911. He didn't put up a fight or try. The 911 operator asked if he was resisting I told her not yet. So the police come and got him.

My binos, compass, and knife are on hold and will be released to me shortly.

transio
10/01/2005, 01:26 PM
WOOT!!! Glad to hear justice was served and you're gonna get your stuff back!!! Can't escape Karma!

Dude.... I'd have been freaking out with the dude holding my knife!!!

Steve

PS - WTF?! I guess you have to suck up the loss of the Axe Body Spray? ;)

SPAZZ
10/01/2005, 02:49 PM
thanks!!! yeah I guess for now I will have to deal with just losing my Axe body spray and one pair of Binoculars instead of everything that was stolen.

Now to find another jobby

Ldub
10/01/2005, 03:27 PM
Spazz,
WELL DONE!...still, too bad ya lost yer axe. :p
Nothing I like better than a happy ending.
Ldub

WyrreJ
10/01/2005, 10:07 PM
That's too cool.

Too bad there wasn't a bounty on his head, that would have been the icing on the cake.

SPAZZ
10/02/2005, 01:30 AM
I know, huh...

thebear54
10/02/2005, 05:55 AM
Timing is everything SPAZZ....Great news on the recovery of your heisted stuff.
Maybe you should become a "Bounty Hunter" like "DOG"...you've got the instincts ;)
John

Kahuna
10/02/2005, 02:02 PM
That's awesome....ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS!

ScottinMA
10/02/2005, 02:29 PM
Great story! Glad for you James...it's like winning the lottery!

Scott

pbkid
10/02/2005, 04:30 PM
yay! that makes us all happy that you got your stuff back and got the fugitive. congratz. only one question...why wasnt the VX in the garage?

SPAZZ
10/02/2005, 07:00 PM
no garage