PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs

raver_boi_88
09/27/2005, 10:36 PM
I was wonderin if anyone on here was from colorado springs, I was wondering because i saw a couple of other vxers and I was wondering if anyone was on here. So far I have seen another Ironman like mine on base, a yellow proton, silver vx from the owner of mccklosky's isuzu and a blue vx just cruzin around...

driver3
09/28/2005, 07:02 AM
I live 2-3 blocks north of Ft. Carson.... Was at Hatchcover last night playing poker...

Moncha
09/28/2005, 07:04 AM
Mmmm the Hatchcover,, haven't been there for years.

I'm in the Springs a lot.

McCloskey still has the silver??? That was my first VX.. He loved how well I took care of it and kept it for himself.

ISCE
09/28/2005, 10:16 AM
...was born and raised there, but am now representing the VX on the east coast.

raver_boi_88
09/28/2005, 11:57 AM
yeah he still has the silver vx, he is the one that sold me my 99 white ironman. I live in the springs right next to peterson airforce base by airport and powers

driver3
09/28/2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I like hatchcover.. I guess it used to be a nicer restaurant, but now it's a bar, but the kitchen equipment must have stayed becuase the menu is big and they have great food...

I play poker there usually on Thursday nights... Yesterday was a semifinal game... Here's the info -> www.brokeasajoke.com

I'm Andrew S sometimes Andrew St if there's another S - in the point standings to the right... but it shouldnt' be there now, they restart the pre-tournament games each 6 weeks and I used up my points to play in the semifinals last night...

There's another Proton VX in the area, I've talked to the owner at hatchcover once, but he's not interested in the websites and all that...

pbkid
09/28/2005, 03:55 PM
yea im a silver 2000 that roams around northern part and monument. currently im at school in greeley but im down there all the time.
pbkid

fuzzy
10/11/2005, 08:26 AM
Just moved into the Black Forest. Will mainly be doing shuttle runs between the house and USAFA, but if you see a Proton up north (currently with a fairing and mask), that's me.

fuzzy
12/14/2005, 07:55 AM
Saw a lifted Ironman with "4WD" front badging near the Best Buy/Panera Bread on Powers and an Ebony going up Black Forest Road.

raver_boi_88
12/14/2005, 11:06 PM
thats me, I work at that best buy, you should come in and see me some time i work in the computer department I will hook you up with some stuff if you need it...

Mr.Quackers
12/15/2005, 09:51 PM
SWEET!! lol ANOTHER Best Buy employee. they got me workin in the camera dept. im sure this time of year is just as crazy for you guys as well.. dont you just love the holidays... haha

raver_boi_88
12/17/2005, 10:34 AM
yeah I love best buy actually, They pay me damn good money for what I do and especially for being in highschool. I make ten seventy five and hour and I usually average 6-700 bucks a paycheck, which is just enough to pay my bills and like have 200 bucks left over to spend. It is the first job I can actually say that I like.

fuzzy
02/24/2006, 01:19 PM
Palmer Lake Motors up in Monument has two VXes for sale:

SERIOUS rock-climbing Ironman (9000 lb winch, lift, airlockers, skidplates, PIAA lights, rails, Mickey Thompson tires, etc):
http://www.glacierdigital.com/car/Vehicles_maint.php?VehiclesPage=8&Stock=943

Standard Kaiser Silver:
http://www.glacierdigital.com/car/Vehicles_maint.php?VehiclesPage=8&Stock=946

pbkid
02/26/2006, 08:05 PM
yea the ones in monument are pretty nice, the kaiser is a 99..and the ironman is real nice...although the parts are put on by individual rather than a company because they dont all fit quite perfect...for instance the winch is in the cladding in front...the hole for it wasnt cut straight and what not....but for playing offroad it would be nice...thats my home so i have checked it out many of times =)

fuzzy
09/02/2006, 07:01 PM
Saw a silver in Woodland Park today with nice black wheels and a Predator decal across the front windshield. Anyone here?

tomdietrying
09/03/2006, 09:56 AM
I wonder if that Ironman for sell is the one Jay sold from Texas about 6 months ago? If that's the case, it's loaded with all kinds of goodies.
Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
09/03/2006, 11:01 AM
That one would have ben mine if I didn't already own one! It is set up VERY nicely indeed!

craigalan
10/24/2006, 12:17 PM
About a month late to the discussion but my 2001 Foxfire Red and I live in Briargate (I'm stationed at Peterson so I think I've seen driver3's vx).

Titus
10/26/2006, 11:48 PM
wdup kids, im from the springs as well, & am lookin for a proton VX

ftw

fuzzy
10/29/2006, 06:56 PM
Like this one? Nope, not for sale... especially after its great performance with chains during last week's blizzard. 3 hours on the "road" from Northeastern Black Forest to the gates of the Academy ("What do you mean 'no cadet classes today'?!?") and back.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/ProtonVX_blizzard_2006.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/ProtonVX_blizzard_2006.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/Z-Chains.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/Z-Chains.JPG)

Titus
10/30/2006, 04:27 PM
haha kickass!

so have you seen any threads covering an automatic to 5-speed conversion, using the trooper manual tranny?

VXIRONwoMAN
10/30/2006, 04:48 PM
I frequently visit the springs...but i fly out there. my boyfriend is a cadet at usafa! but i have yet to see a vx there...glad to know they survive that subzero weather out there! Cheers!

driver3
10/30/2006, 05:00 PM
ha ha.. :p

sub zero??? I don't think so.. I used to live in Cleveland.. that's subzero.. colorado springs might as well be the beach compared to there...

All the snow (minus the plow piles in parking lots) is gone already from the "blizzard".. I love it here, best weather around!

the cool thing is.. when it gets blasted with snow like that, no one goes out.. except me.. and that's a lot of fun.. the road to yourself with a foot + of powder.. mmm mmm.. almost as good as boarding in it.. well.. maybe

VXIRONwoMAN
10/30/2006, 05:10 PM
ha ha.. :p

sub zero??? I don't think so.. I used to live in Cleveland.. that's subzero.. colorado springs might as well be the beach compared to there...

All the snow (minus the plow piles in parking lots) is gone already from the "blizzard".. I love it here, best weather around!

the cool thing is.. when it gets blasted with snow like that, no one goes out.. except me.. and that's a lot of fun.. the road to yourself with a foot + of powder.. mmm mmm.. almost as good as boarding in it.. well.. maybe

oh no I am a 19 year southern california resident...CO is subzero compared to where i am from and i was in ravenna ohio in the winter and it wasn't nearly as cold as the springs last Feb. but then again i am a very big baby when it comes to the cold. anything below 50 is freezing to me.

Ldub
10/30/2006, 05:25 PM
All'yall come to Fargo in Jan. sometime...I'm sure if you stay a while we'll be able to hook ya up with some sub zero!...Like minus 20-30...yes, below zero. :cool:

fuzzy
08/20/2007, 07:14 AM
driver3,

I think I saw you yesterday heading away from Old Colorado City and towards Broadmoor on Cresta. Nice set-up with the rack and spare tire.

BTW: Did anyone see the Good Times Car Show in OCC? MASSIVE amount of spotless old cars and a few modern ones thrown in the mix. Wish I knew about it... I'm just a quick wash away from car-show ready (Wheels of Blue was earlier this month and I show at that small event).

driver3
08/20/2007, 08:56 AM
driver3,

I think I saw you yesterday heading away from Old Colorado City and towards Broadmoor on Cresta. Nice set-up with the rack and spare tire.

BTW: Did anyone see the Good Times Car Show in OCC? MASSIVE amount of spotless old cars and a few modern ones thrown in the mix. Wish I knew about it... I'm just a quick wash away from car-show ready (Wheels of Blue was earlier this month and I show at that small event).

Yep that was me, I was heading back from the dog park over there. I did the ascent this weekend, so I was also that way on Saturday. Thanks!