PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Coating

LeDonovan
09/26/2005, 03:01 PM
Hey All Of You VX Maniacs!!!!

There is a place here in Phoenix that is supposed to be one of the top in the nation at coating auto parts. Anita mentioned it a while back in one of her posts, so thank you!

They will carbon fiber ANYTHING as long as it has a smooth surface. I upgraded my wiper blades to the PIAA silicone with carbon fiber. They are great however now my wiper arms look faded and old.... I am going to have them CF'ed. Problem is the minimum order is $200.00 for 210 square inches and the wiper arms are probably only 400 SI max. So if any of you want to get in on a group order I am your girl!!

They can do the CF dash that I have seen around also.

Let me know ASAP as I am ready to go!

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/coating.htm

Maugan_VX
09/26/2005, 07:15 PM
Omfg Can I Get My Seatbelt Buckles Cf'd!?!?!?

How About My Radio Antenna?

MZ-N10
09/26/2005, 07:28 PM
is this genuine cf? or just cf pattern?

LeDonovan
09/27/2005, 01:11 AM
Asked myself the same question. Was told by a rep that it is authentic CF, however the website seems to imply that it is a pattern coating. Check out the site to see what you think. I will call them this week and get a confirmation and possibly a sample.

Anita was sent a sample I believe - is Anita around to comment?

WormGod
09/27/2005, 07:48 AM
Funny you bring this up, cause I have a buddy who tried something this summer. He bought some REALLY cheap, crappy C/F tape and layered his wiper arms with it. Amazingly, it looks great. Ya, it looks pretty fake (if you actually know what C/F looks like and can tell if it is real or not) but wow, I was impressed.

I am not sure exactly how this will be done by these guys though. ARe they just gonna make a sort of slip-cover for the wiper arms, or are they actually hard-coating the arms? I can not go 20 mins without my wiper arms if they needed to be sent somewhere.

More info needed before I will join your kickball team. ;)

Amack76
09/27/2005, 10:40 AM
i have already had my dash done by them. it looks great. it is a pattern overlay, but when its installed you can't tell. i paid abot 250, but i do have the direct contact for where they send all thier pieces in brooklynn to have it done, exotic is just a reseller.

LeDonovan
09/27/2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks so much for the input Amack76! Your pieces look great! Did you pay $250 for all of the pieces displayed in your gallery? What was their turnaround time on your order? Did you order a dash kit beforehand?

All who are interested can go to Amack76's gallery and see great pic's of the CF "coating".