PDA

View Full Version : Rear torsion bar....

raver_boi_88
09/24/2005, 02:24 PM
So since I couldnt go to the meet this sat and sunday since i got a $220 ticket i decided this morning i would go hiking. There was a little bit of 4 wheelin to be sone before i could reach where the trail started and some where along the line I snapped the rear torsion bar. At least thats what I think it is, it is some really long bar that atatches to both sides of the axle in the rear. I was wondering if anyone knew what the part number was to this and if I could get it anywhere other than the dealer.

Joe_Black
09/24/2005, 03:02 PM
That's your rear trailing link. The torsion bars run to the front and provide spring-rate for the A-arms instead of springs. To replace your broken link, it's best to go ahead and upgrade if you plan on wheelin' much. Go to www.stinkyfab.com and get yourself a set of bent StinkyLinks.

http://www.stinkyfab.com/images/slinks02.jpg

Triathlete
09/24/2005, 03:32 PM
If one of your links snaped hopefully you did not try to drive it! If you did you could have some major problems.
If what Joe_Black described isn't what you were refering to then it would be the sway bar. It also commects to both sides of the axle but it goes from side to side not fore and aft.

SPAZZ
09/25/2005, 02:52 PM
I have 3 of the rear drag link bars that attach to the axle and hold the rear wheel in place from moving back and forth and only allow it to move up and down. If it is one of these, pm me with offer+you pay shipping.
This is the same bar Joe Black posted pics of. If you didn't snap one of these and snapped your sway bar, next time you go wheeling after you get the sway bar replaced disconnect only one link from only one side side of the sway bars. You will get more articulation and save your(sway bars) handling for the street.

raver_boi_88
09/25/2005, 05:47 PM
nope definitly no the trailing link, it connects to both sides of the axle and is atached to the underneath of the chasis, I think it might be a sway bar.. it is atatched to the axle in the front of it...I will post pics when i get my camera so you guys will know what I am talkin about... but if it is the sway bar how easy is it to replace and is it bad to drive with it broken cuz i have school and work tomorrow??

Triathlete
09/25/2005, 06:00 PM
Shouldn't be to hard to replace. The only thing the sway bar will harm is the handling. The vehicle will display more body roll when you corner...just slow a bit more than usual when taking corners/turning. It is a common practice for people to disconect one side of the sway bar as Spazz said when 4 wheeling to help increase the articulation.

UltrAsOniC
09/07/2011, 03:47 PM
I am in need of one myself but it 2011 now not sure who has them?