PDA

View Full Version : MD DC VA Labor Day Meet in Ocean City

Navigator
04/03/2003, 09:59 AM
Ok, the tribe has spoken, The official meet will be held Labor Day weekend in Ocean City MD. Book something now if you plan to stay the whole weekend, because OC is allways practically sold out by Memorial Day. All but crud at jacked up prices is available after that. Post here if you plan to get in on group rates.

WormGod
04/04/2003, 07:32 AM
Yep, campgrounds for me. I'll be there with my little SpyHunter. Just as I was last Labor Day weekend. Anyone down for camping out so that you can pitch tent 3 ft from your VX and enjoying nature, get at me. ;)

CSTYLES
08/11/2003, 09:36 PM
Been off the site for a while. living at the beach for the summer w/o internet access. Is this meet still going on? Mine will probably be in the shop.

Navigator
08/12/2003, 09:27 AM
I won't be there, but WormGod and Robert from Deleware will be there for sure. A few others are on the fence. There is another thread on the meet in this forum, search on OC, Ocean City, etc... I had some things reserved that I had to cancel due to an overwhelming lack of interest in the meet, but you still may find a place to stay if you act now. Y'all have fun :D

WormGod
08/18/2003, 07:37 AM
For anyone going *yawn*, there are NO PLANS for any sort of meeting up there. It will most likely be phone tag, if anyone even feels like doing anything. My only real plans are driving down to Assateague for a day or 2 and driving down on the beach. Details can be found on the other thread concerning this very same meet (or shall I call it, dead meat?!).

Anyways, my email is gt@bethsoft.com, if you would like to drop me a line and perhaps swap phone numbers.

WormGod
09/01/2003, 06:42 PM
The trip went off without a hitch (well, I'll allow Robert to explain HIS hitch if he feels it necessary ;) ).

Got there Friday and met up for dinner and a few (well, maybe a little more than a few) drinks. The following morning we head out for a seafood lunch and head out to the beach. Very sweet! Not busy at all, and no waits. After parking the VX's in a zesty beach front location, we settle down for some drinks, some campfire cooking, and some conversation. A few hours later, we are forced out by a creepy storm. We plan to meet later, but I end up babysitting my campsite while the other hit the town.

Sunday, we head back out to the beach and do much of the same as the day before. Far too relaxing and the weather was incredible. We spend the majority of the day there and decide to take the party to a bar. We end up at Big Peckers for some tasty drinks and some insanely drunk co-drinkers (the married woman was scary!).

Monday morning, we head back home. Great time! I wish everyone had chosen to come. It could have been a heck of a time for you!

Btw, Jed, WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU?! You said you were coming and didnt show up? :confused:

More pics can be found HERE.... OCEAN CITY, MD.... LABOR DAY WEEKEND (http://www.wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/Beach/)

SoilDoc
09/02/2003, 07:01 AM
Gary,

I made it to OC late Friday. The whole family was there (my 3 brothers and their families and mom and dad). The last time we were together was prior to the last VX meet at Hooters.

I know, I should have called. I apologize. I did see a Proton VX with something painted on the back door in blue. Glad to see you and Robert representing the cause.

Any problems tooling around in the sand?

Jed

WormGod
09/02/2003, 10:54 AM
No biggie man. We represented WELL. We didnt see any other VX's there, but the streets were cluttered with H2's. Thats cool if you had family there though. I hate to say you missed the fun, but we had a pretty good time. ;)

I DID get a speeding ticket going there though. 75 in a 55. Maryland's finest caught me in a hurry. *sigh*

Robert
09/02/2003, 01:54 PM
Gary,

Well described. Thanks for the great weekend and fun.
I will post the pictures I made once I found my camera.

Thanks again

Robert