PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving ya'll

Inaba
09/22/2005, 01:36 PM
I know I haven't posted in a long while, but I check in from time to time to see whats up...

But it's with a sad heart that I say I'm leaving the Vehicross fold. Since I commute a minimum of 200 miles a week, the gas costs on the VX were eating me up, so I opted to purchase a diesel Jetta (2003).

It's not all bad, as my beloved Proton will be going to my father, who better take darned good care of it. My proton served me well for 75,000 miles and will now be going to live in Colorado, able to run free in the mountains, instead of languishing on the plains of Kansas. Hopefully it will be happier in it's new home... although I don't think my father will take it to interesting places and situations like I have. But it will go skiing a lot!

So anyway ... it's been a great 2.5+ years with ya'll and a good 4 years with my VX. Keep the VX spirit alive!

VCAMILO
09/22/2005, 04:07 PM
DAMN GAS PRICES... Sorry to hear that...

I dont think I could ever sell my VX. Knowing about the VX since 1998 and having to wait four years for it... My 2001 Ebony VX will be with me forever. Im taking her out on a date on our second Inagural Arizona Off-road trip / camping. :cool:

MSHardeman
09/22/2005, 04:40 PM
That's very sad to hear. I think a few members have dropped off due to gas prices. I just got my VX a couple of months ago, and I hope that it will be with me for a long time.

There are a few of us out here in Colorado, so make sure that your dad gets in touch with us so we can make sure that he's taking care of the Proton.

LiquidVX
09/22/2005, 06:01 PM
Just ride your bike to work. Thats gotta save on gas.

TEN36VX
09/22/2005, 06:34 PM
Thats what I do... And they cut traffic just a hair better than the VX.

At least she's going to a good home. :)

WormGod
09/23/2005, 07:44 AM
I am about to enter that situation myself. I just moved twice the distance away from where I live now. My plan is to garage the VX as much as possible at that point and buy myself a bondobucket that gets decent mileage. Sure wish I had the money for soemthing new like a Prius, but, the new house is gonna have me living on Ramen and tapwater for a while to come.

Inaba, I am sure your pop will take good care of her. If not, you let us know. ;)

Moncha
09/23/2005, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear the news, if dad wants to sell her off.. I may be interested.. Kinda partial to the yellow..