PDA

View Full Version : Its a Vehicross

XCross69
04/03/2003, 09:43 AM
Its been about eight months now since I found my 1999 Ironman Vehicross. At the time I wasn't even look-n to buy a different car but I went out to lunch one day and saw this car sit-n on a car lot, the minute I saw it I knew I had to get it...Long story short I bought it over my lunch hour, people at my work place thought I was crazy because I came back and told them I bought a car. I read several things about the Vehicross and the one thing that stood out was that people will always be look-n your way and even stop-n you to ask what kind of car it is. I now know this is all too true. The first day I had it, I pulled into a gas station and I heard this elderly couple say-n "what is it, honey what is that!" Even when drive-n it you DO always have people look-n at ya.. In the months I have owned it I have had no trouble, it had 27,000 miles on it when I got it and it now has 41,000.(i drive alot) I did have the entire front-end repainted because of a few bad spots in the paint but other than that its been a complete joy to have.. I have bought a few mods, nothing major, bra, light covers, and Tones hitch which I still have yet to use. Oh, and my license plates say A'UNEQ1 because thats for sure what it is..Anyone out there who is think-n about getting one, if you can find one GET IT!!! You will not be let down.. They are for sure not for everyone, if you don't like stand-n out, draw-n attention to yourself don't get it...but if your like me and love to be different this car was made just for you!!! Never have I seen a four wheel drive SUV not only drive like a sports car but look like one too...My only question is why didn't I have one of these sooner???

Moncha
04/03/2003, 09:52 AM
Welcome!! Glad to see a new owner join our ever growing family!

Dallas4u
04/03/2003, 10:25 AM
WOW! A very enthusiastic post from someone who has even owned one for a bit! I am always happy to read posts like this! It makes me VERY eager to get back home and drive mine!!!

Thanks for the read!

coachreed
04/03/2003, 12:20 PM
Damnit man! I'm dying to get my hands on this thing... and now that I've read this thread... I want it even more! I only have to remove my audio/video system from my Trans Am that I am trading in and I will be the happy owner of a 2000 Ironman Edition! I can't wait! I'll report back then!

Coach... aka Randy!

webdog
04/03/2003, 09:00 PM
By the time Moab comes around, I will have driven my Foxfire 24k in its first year. VX's are addicting and magic.

http://home.earthlink.net/~webdog1/a023_23.jpg

;Dy;

>>>Changed the link style.. I wanted to see your VX here.. WSG

nocturnalVX
04/04/2003, 01:47 AM
Welcome! Glad to know another Midwest VXer knows of the forum. You'll find a great bunch of people are owners of this wild ride. Tru's brand-spankin'-new gleaming Foxfire was on Moab's trails before the ink was dry on the sale's contract! :yesr: Gotta love this crowd! I hope we can have a major Midwest VX meet sometime.

sagwagon
04/04/2003, 03:59 AM
NocturnalVX; Any interest in a midwest meet in a couple of weeks. I'm in the St. Louis area, maybe somewhere in mid'Illinois. Springfield? I think a # of board readers/members could drive,take part and be home in the same day. Any Interest out there? Sound off and if interested, throw out a date.