PDA

View Full Version : Yakima Racks Question

Mikeys00vx
09/15/2005, 03:47 PM
Hi guys. Do any of you know what type of "kayak" racks might be available from Yakima that will fit the VX? Shopping today I saw on several boxes "fits round and square" bars. From my judgement, the VX racks aren't exactly square and definately aren't round. Any help? Thanks

Mikey

VehiGAZ
09/15/2005, 06:13 PM
There are mounts for it. Call Yakima and tell them you have a Vehicross roof rack, and they'll tell you what kind of mounts will fit. They are "wing" style crossbars, I think - 3 1/2" wide. The mounts are just middlemen, though... you also will need the kayak rack to attach to the mounts. Good luck!

AnalogVX
09/15/2005, 06:22 PM
Our OEM rack use oval mighty mounts that you need to replace the mounts included with the kits for round or square bars. A quick look on the Yakima site and it seems the Hullraiser, Hullyrollers, Kayak Stacker or the Landshark Saddles would work. I don't know the part numbers for the horizontal mounts offhand you would need for our bars, but a search for mighty mounts will come up with something.

AnalogVX
09/15/2005, 06:27 PM
Horizontal part #2-90116-905-0

Call Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu.

Mikeys00vx
09/15/2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys....this site is awesome....It's good to know that I can come to this forum for help! Thanks again

Mikey