PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does Nissan GET IT!

LukeVX
09/13/2005, 07:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Nissan is the only mainstream auto manufacturer who is doing thing right, design wise, across the board? Who else can say every vehicle from their two-door sports car (Z) to their MINI VAN! (Quest) have interesting and innovative characteristics. I have said for the past couple years that every other car manufacturers’ design teams are going to have their vehicles looking like Nissans in two years. The unfortunate thing for them though is that by that time Nissan will be another 2 years into the future. I solute you Nissan. Since the VX has passed, you are leading the pack in innovative design for the regular guy.

P.S.
Please give me some backing on this and don’t bother writing a response if it involves the 2006 Chevy Impala or HHR designs as interesting. Ha

Thanks VX family,

LukeVX

mbeach
09/13/2005, 09:30 AM
Nissan has always 'gotten it'. I consider them the Asian BMW for many reasons, dating all the way back to the Datsun 510.

I've owned a couple of Nissan coupes, and I've always been impressed with their design and engineering abilities. I salute them as well.

_shift

MZ-N10
09/13/2005, 10:09 AM
the sentra to me has a very generic look to it....

geshaw30
09/13/2005, 10:50 AM
Owned a Murano for a year before the need for a truck took over. As much as we hated doing it we traded the SUV for the newly designed/overhauled Frontier Crew Cab. It's a fantastic truck and as fast a conventional mid size pickup as you'll ever want to ride in.

You knew Nissan was doing something right when the designer of the VX left Isuzu, went over to them, and developed the Murano.
________
Handjob Amateur (http://www.****tube.com/categories/662/amateur/videos/1)

Corey872
09/13/2005, 11:03 AM
I have liked most of the Nissan styling, beginning with the Z and the pick-up trucks. One other styling standout to me is the new Ford Mustang (and I am not a huge ford fan!) Some notable disappointments for me are the Chevy Corvette and Pontiac GTO.

I do really wish the MFR's would hurry up and populate the 2-door, truck based, AWD/4WD performance SUV niche - ala the Vehicross, Toyota RSC, VW concept T.

thebear54
09/14/2005, 05:00 AM
NISSAN has got their "Sh**" together, and always have. I have owned several DATSUN/NISSAN cars (210,510 and 2000 roadster) all have been great cars. JUST WISH ISUZU WOULD FOLLOW SOME OF THE NISSAN WAYS
John

tomdietrying
09/14/2005, 05:18 AM
Yeah, I took my 2000 Xterra in the shop, and had a chance to really check out the new line up. Their whole line up is very impressive! I can't afford anything new right now, but I know where I'm going when I have to buy again.
Peace.
Tom

transio
09/14/2005, 11:02 AM
I agree 100%. Nissan / Infinity styling is great across the board. The 350z is one of the few new cars that I would consider purchasing.

I also think Dodge / Chrysler generally "gets it" although I'm left shaking my head in wonder at the 4-door Daytona and some of the awkward shapes in the Crossfire and new . The Viper, 300, Magnum, Ram, Firepower (wow, hope they build it!), and others are right on the money.

On the other hand, BMW is a brand that really DOESN'T get it, in my opinion. I am in awe at how horrid their new vehicles are since Bangle took over. Especially the Z4 - what a frankenstein merger of classic roadster lines with edgy, aggressive modern styling. It looks like someone took a drawing of a Shelby Cobra and crumpled it up.