PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge today!

Triathlete
09/11/2005, 08:22 PM
Well I finally got around to switching to full synthetic oil today. Was using synth blend...today I went with the Moble1. Might just be in my head but the little tapping noise I had at start up is gone! Next will be tranny and diffs! :smack: :thumbup:

And I also got rid of the old dial up and switched to DSL!!!!!

WormGod
09/12/2005, 07:12 AM
Thought about doing this myself. I am a smidge overdue for my 3000k oil change and have been wondering whether I should go to synthetic this time around. I get those damned little knocks as well at startup and would love to have them go the way of the mammoth.

VX4EJR
09/12/2005, 07:42 AM
I've used nothing but Mobil1 for engine oil and am at about 35K now, still get the morning/first start up little pinging/subtle knocking noises though. They go away after a while and sometimes come back when sitting at a light idling. No signs of excessive oil consumption though on the stick, who knows what it is, maybe just by design or bad gas?

Funny other thing though, I had Nitto's put on all 4's and the tire shop scratched up one of my OEM rims pretty bad. So they got me a new one without much trouble, just that the center cap they pulled off from the old rim fits differently on the new one. Differently than the other 3 wheels that is, it's more flush and doesn't slightly extend over the middle spoke area if you run your fingers over where the cap meets the wheel. I don't know, small little thing but strange and made me think twice about the new rim I got. I did confirm though that the rim was in fact bought and shipped from an Isuzu dealer.

Oh, and I have some good news.....I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to the Geico.

Triathlete
09/12/2005, 10:59 AM
am at about 35K now
Just a youngster! I am at 89,000! :dance: I guess I am a late bloomer!