PDA

View Full Version : Jet performance reflash info

morgan-tec
09/07/2005, 06:01 PM
Well in my quest for fuel delivery for the supercharger kit i contacted Jet performance. They do a custom ecu reflash for our units for $300. He can tune for intakes, exhaust and headers. But no forced induction.....damn......anyways i thought i would share this info, the reflash is supposed to be good for 17-18hp on top of your mods. The part # is 65001 and their # is 1-800-535-1161

mbeach
09/07/2005, 06:05 PM
If you do some research on Jet, you'll find some very dissapointed customers. I'd ask what kind of software they use to reflash our ECU -I wasn't aware that anyone had 'cracked' our unit yet.

Example complaints:
..dyno numbers went down..
..ECU wasn't even opened (hidden mark by the owner)...
etc.

I almost found this out the hard way.

mbeach
09/07/2005, 06:21 PM
This is one of the more popular reference threads for the Jet ECU scam:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/archive/index.php/t-144424.html
Despite the fact that they are Honduh guys, they really got their stuff together here and actually proved that the Jet upgrade is no more than a $300 set of stickers.

Buyer beware -but there is NO WAY that these guys can mail-order a tuning session with any degree of accuracy.

Cyrk
09/07/2005, 07:28 PM
No no with JET, I used them before on my Acura Integra and there was NO difference. All they did was slap a JET sticker on it and charge me a butt load of cash. I WILL never use them again, unless I see some dyno results.

psychos2
09/07/2005, 10:25 PM
i am in no way sticking up for jet or saying the whole thing is not bs.But, you do not need to open an ecu to reprogram it. second, you do not need to crack it to reprogram the ecu.you can erase the program and start over.we do it at work when adding a whipple supercharger on a mercruiser engine. shawn

Tone
09/08/2005, 05:21 AM
I've spoken with them before as well as one of their VX customers and the improvements they offer are neglible at best. No removal of top speed limiter and no change to shift timing. $300+ for a little bit of horsepower (if any) is not worth it. They DO have to open the ECU on the VX as they actually replace the chip since it cannot be flashed in the unit like many others due to language issues according to them and other programmers. That was another concern as you have to send them the ECU and then wait to get it back.

psychos2
09/08/2005, 05:37 AM
if it cannot be flashed then how does isuzu reprogram the ecu? there was a recent post were someone said tht isuzu flashed there ecu with the latest program. shawn

MZ-N10
09/08/2005, 10:16 AM
cannot be flashed in the unit like many others due to language issues

im sure isuzu has the need tools to modify/reflash their own ecu. probaby jet didnt have the needed tools.

MZ-N10
09/08/2005, 10:17 AM
if it cannot be flashed then how does isuzu reprogram the ecu? there was a recent post were someone said tht isuzu flashed there ecu with the latest program. shawn

cannot be flashed in the unit like many others due to language issues

like tone siad its only a language issue. im sure isuzu has the need tools to modify/reflash their own ecu.

psychos2
09/08/2005, 02:32 PM
so it can be flashed ,just not by anyone else. isuzu is the only one who can flash the ecu. shawn

H3_VX
07/14/2012, 09:56 AM
Just to follow up on this old thread, are there any programmers available for the VX these days? Only thing I want to be able to do is recalibrate for tire size.

rowhard
07/14/2012, 10:31 AM
Only thing I want to be able to do is recalibrate for tire size.

Are you talking about recal your speedo? I just use a scan gauge for that read out, hope that helps

MSHardeman
07/14/2012, 12:49 PM
I thought that I had seen a device, somewhere, sometime, (I know, real specific) that you could put in line behind the dash cluster that would allow you to recalibrate for tire size. I would have to search the Googles to see if I could find it again.

As far as I know there are no programers available for the VX, and don't know if there are any for Isuzu in general. Like Rowhard, I have a ScanGaugeII that I use for my speedo now.

Triathlete
07/14/2012, 02:03 PM
IIRC in the past those who have looked into chips/tuners found thet our engines perform pretty close to their limits and the price of the tuners was not worth the little gains that could be achieved...of course this was on a non-modded engine. As far as just getting your speedo correct...there are several devices that recalebrate speedo or you might check with your local speed/tuner shop. I know there are a few in my are that recalebrate speedo's.

H3_VX
07/14/2012, 02:25 PM
Are you talking about recal your speedo? I just use a scan gauge for that read out, hope that helps

yes

with the scan guage does it fix the odo as well or does it just do mph? maybe that sounds like a dumb question.

rowhard
07/14/2012, 04:45 PM
yes

with the scan guage does it fix the odo

Fix, no. It just gives you a corrected readout as to the speed your actually doing plus many other parameters, i.e,; water temp, rpm, MAP, Load, MPG, things like that plus engine fault codes and reset.

Riff Raff
07/14/2012, 08:33 PM
Only thing I want to be able to do is recalibrate for tire size.

With my oversize tires, I just use a more "analog" method-- the Discount Tire website "Tire Calculator". It will show your projected travel speed at various MPH settings.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

For example, my oversize tires (275/65R18) run about 5 MPH above my actual speedometer reading. So if the posted speed limit sign says 60 MPH, then I just put my speedometer needle on 55 MPH with no worries.

:bgwb:

Ldub
07/15/2012, 07:32 AM
For example, my oversize tires (275/65R18) run about 5 MPH above my actual speedometer reading. So if the posted speed limit sign says 60 MPH, then I just put my speedometer needle on 55 MPH with no worries.

:bgwb:

Uhhhhhh...:_thinking

Math don't work that way Riff...:flower:

It's all about the %.

example: a .07% difference in tire size = these speedometer values...

55 = .07x55=3.85, so 55=58.85

60 = .07x60=4.20, so 60=64.2

65 = .07x65=4.55, so 65=69.55

and so on...:fyi:

LittleBeast
07/15/2012, 03:14 PM
Haha, well I had to disassemble my gauges and needles to install intelli-glow needles, so last time I had the needles off, I had someone with a stock car drive 65mph next to me with cruise on and I matched their speed with cruise on and then I replaced the needle at 65 mph and then I had them speed up to 70 and then down to 60 and stayed with them and checked to make sure my speedo was close and done.

I know it is not a perfect fix, but it is nice to know that at around 60-70 mph the speedo reads true :-)