PDA

View Full Version : Monster VX

ThunderChicken
09/01/2005, 03:38 PM
Well I'm ready to get started on my first VX project. I am looking for a Proton in good condition. If I can find one with a lift kit that would be great.

I want BIG tires/wheels, the bigger the better but has to be street legal.
I want to add either a super charger or twin turbos.
I need a custom sound system, gotta have the tunes.
I need to be able to pull a trailer with this rig.

Someone got one like this already built and it's for sale that would be awesome.

What else would you guys do to this project?

Ldub
09/01/2005, 04:34 PM
Jump it over the grand canyon??? :p :p :p

J.K. I think skid plates would be good...so ya don't get any pan damage from crushing Rav 4's.

"VehiCross...what your rav wishes it coulda been."

Ldub

Triathlete
09/02/2005, 09:50 AM
To get that monster lift/wheels/tires you want you will HAVE to do an SAS! Good luck and post pics of progress!

tomdietrying
09/02/2005, 12:38 PM
Speaking of a Monster VX, wasn't Randy, aka. Coach, building something like that. Anyone know how he doing with the project? I think it's been about two years since he started. Chime in if anyone knows anything.
Peace.
Tom

AlaskaVX
09/02/2005, 12:39 PM
To get that monster lift/wheels/tires you want you will HAVE to do an SAS! Good luck and post pics of progress!

^ditto you will have to do an SAS if you want to have a monster truck :cool: so any suspension lift thats there won't help, but a body lift might help.

Triathlete
09/02/2005, 11:12 PM
Last I heard Coach bought a second VX to enjoy while his V8 powered VX becomes a "long term" project! :winky:
Got an update Coach?

sature
09/03/2005, 01:49 AM
I have a VX that i'll sell for the right price.
99 silver vx
spring lift, 18" isuzu chrome wheels, 285/60/18 tires, trailer hitch, After market power sunroof, alpine v12 5 channel amp, 10" nakamichi sub, mb quarts speakers, bush bar, piaa fog lights, HID headlights, tube side step,K&N intake, exhaust, tranny interceptor, trailer wiring, roof rack, still under 30k.

transio
09/03/2005, 09:29 AM
How's this?

http://www.stevenmoseley.com/vehicross/Wheels-001.jpg
http://www.stevenmoseley.com/vehicross/morgantec_intake_2.jpg

I've got 18x9 AE wheels with 285/60/18 street tires right now, no lift, but if you add a lift they've got a nice wide stance that will accept some big rubber.

Also got a morgantec intake, optima yellowtop battery, and a transmission interceptor waiting to be installed.

Got all new Bilstein shocks all around, plus I have the OEM shocks in a box.

No sound system or super charger.

40k miles, all services performed, no problems mechanically.

A few minor chips in paint and dings, but I'd be happy to have those taken care of.

So whaddya think? :)

ThunderChicken
09/03/2005, 10:03 AM
How much?

Please email me with more pics and info.

thanks.