PDA

View Full Version : I'm fastly becoming a die hard VX owner

ThunderChicken
08/31/2005, 02:22 PM
I've been kicking around the idea of building some clone Superbird convertibles and selling them just because I had once owned a couple of the
"real" things back in 1970.

I also thought about doing a VX monster tank as a matter of fact, I even posted here looking for a VX body to put on the tank.

Well reality finally set in and I have decided to collect a couple more VX's and do some things with them while they are still available. I have got the okay from the wife, if I buy her a turbo disel VW, to do this.

I still will have my toys, mini monster trucks and a 89 replica Batmobile, but I am going to do some things with the VX.

I want to build one like a street monster truck (Proton) and I want to get another Ironman with very low milage to keep as a collector car.

AlaskaVX
08/31/2005, 02:31 PM
Please leave me with a few to play with ;). I want to make one with a diesel and SAS for offroading, and one with twin turbo and side exhaust (right under the door kinda like a 67 Shelby Cobra) for road play.

ThunderChicken
08/31/2005, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking leaning towards a super charger but twin turbos sounds pretty coool.

Joe_Black
08/31/2005, 03:01 PM
Build your wife a VX with the 3.1L intercooled turbo-diesel from the overseas Trooper. She'll get a real "kick" from having almost three-times the torque off the line of the gas engine. :) Then show her how to make bio-diesel so you can laugh at all the fools bending over at the gas pump.