PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather problems; dies when started,and,or,revs to 3000 rpm's + air blows hot!

LITTLELAURIE
08/30/2005, 02:34 PM
:( I need some advice since the dealership can't find the problem! My VX ,(with only 10,000mi), doesn't like warm weather! It dies when started and it rev's up to 3000 rpm's and takes off by it's self, up hills, going 15 + mph, I don't even have my foot on the gas! Also, when shifting from park to either drive, or, reverse, it is hard to shift and makes a loud, "thump" sound!!! What is going on?! Last summer it didn't do this at all!!! I took it to the dealership and expained what was going on, they said that they couldn't find anything wrong! Could someone help me? Thank you VX addicts!!
Laurie

maxw
08/31/2005, 09:17 AM
Same thing happened to me last year. The mechanic identified the problem and had it fixed in a few minutes. Apparently it was one of the valves governing input of fuel to the engine ( sorry, I'm no mechanic, so not much more detail than that) which stuck intermittently due to accumulation of muck over time ;) .Therefore, sometimes it would not start while other times, it revved up a storm.
The valve was replaced and no more trouble since. If your mechanic cannot idetify it, maybe it's time to check with someone more competent?
Good luck.
max.

LITTLELAURIE
08/31/2005, 11:49 AM
Did your VX have this problem all the time, or, when it was hot out? Did your air conditioning blow hot when it was acting up? That's what mine does. Also, it over heats when the air is on too! Thank you so much for your advice and reply! I really appreciate it!!
Laurie

Narsus
08/31/2005, 12:22 PM
Mine does the same exact thing in hot weather. I took it into the Isuzu dealership and they told me that it's caused by a "Master Flow Sensor" which needs to be replaced for $150 and $47 Labor (Courtesy Acura/Isuzu, near Denver, Colorado). I personally think they're lying, so I'm going to take it into a truck place by my house for a second opinion, but I'll let you know where this leads. Same exact symptoms, though:

All only occur in hot weather (85 degrees +)
1. At low RPMs/speed, AC blows hot air which cools down as I get the engine revving or speed up.
2. Starting the VX, it either dies or I have to mash the gas pedal to get it to stay started.
3. Once started, the idle is either extremely high (2500+) or extremely low (in the 100's), and almost dies. If the idle is high, the vehicle behaves like an over-excited husky-- MUSH!

SoilDoc
08/31/2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=7014

This link describes what many of you may be experiencing. I just ordered 2 air intake gaskets and will attempt to install since I have no dealer within 300 miles. I remember Tone mentioning something about air conditioner blowing hot and had a fix for it.

The search function is a bit cumbersome but spend a little time reading through the posts (search formuns for "air intake gasket") and you will find a lot. The link at the top of my post contains the one I need (I think). I tried cleaning the MAF sensor with alcohol pads --very very gently--because I had P0101 code. Still not fixed. After cleaning the check engine light has stayed off but still runs like *****. Runs at 2,000 rpm for a while, rpms jump up and down, sometimes quits all together. Air intake gasket is my next step. AM I RIGHT????

Narsus
08/31/2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help Soil!

In my post below (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=7519) I outlined Isuzu's "suggested" fix, which is to replace the MAF and the Air Filter. I'm definitely going to try the air intake gasket as well, now. Does anyone else have an after-market oiled air filter?