PDA

View Full Version : Disasterous Morning - Door needed

Ron Pfeiffer
08/30/2005, 03:42 AM
Hey all

Backing down driveway in the fog this morning, miscalculated, and backed into a tree. Same tree my wife backed into (its nearly impossible to see because of its angle relative to the driveway, which its right on the edge of).

Rear door is destroyed. Window is intact and the door latches (at least, it stayed latched, since I didn't try to open it afterwards. Afraid it won't shut again if I do.).

I feel sick.

I am reporting it to my insurance company ($500 deductable), but I could use all the help I can get finding another door. That's my major fear - that I will find there is no replacement to be had. I'm gonna call St. Charles and the Hyundai/Isuzu recycler today, but any other leads people have would be DEEPLY appreciated.

Thanks all,
A deeply depressed Ron

Ldub
08/30/2005, 04:30 AM
Ron,
I know the feeling well...I sideswiped a tree last 12-30-04, crunched r/r quarterpanel & got a DUI to boot. A VERY sick feeling indeed.
At that time the bodyshop had no problem getting parts from the nearest dealership.
Don't worry, at least no one was hurt & it could have been a LOT worser!

BTW, now that the TIQ (tree in question) has 2 cars to it's credit... might be the right time to buy a chainsaw??? :naughty:

Best always, Ldub

nater
08/30/2005, 09:17 AM
Or some reflectors nailed to the tree?

Sorry about the loss, man.

Nate

Triathlete
08/30/2005, 09:48 AM
For a used one (might save you a few $$$$) try contacting all hundai isuzu (they are in the "links" section).

VX4EJR
08/30/2005, 01:13 PM
I thought all auto manufacturers are required by some sort of law to produce/warehouse enough parts for their vehicles up to some amount of time in years, just to even satisfy their warranties?

Ron Pfeiffer
08/30/2005, 02:15 PM
St. Charles reports no doors in the U.S., and All Hyundai/Isuzu Auto Recyclers have none. Door cladding and bumper cladding we got, but no doors.

Has anybody had any luck ordering parts that weren't in stock? Do they EVER come in, or are we totally adrift?

Anybody with a lead on a rear door, I need your help.

This @#$%$in' sucks

Ron

Cyrk
08/30/2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.car-part.com

A bunch listed there... Good luck.

Ron Pfeiffer
08/30/2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks man! Lets hope some of that info is accurate, it might do the trick.

Body shop estimate is tomorrow - I'll let you guys know how it went.

Ron

pbkid
09/01/2005, 03:03 PM
man thats terrible. i would hate to ever hurt my new baby. knock on wood. but the same thing struck my mind as Ldub. time to invest in a chainsaw? good luck :)
pbkid

Ron Pfeiffer
09/01/2005, 05:02 PM
Repair shop has found a rear door. Working on cladding, but that doesn't look to be too much of an issue.

Does anybody know what the deal is with the " I S U Z U" letters on the back door? The repair shop's book doesn't have a part number for it, or show it on the part diagram. Since its an Ironman, I don't wanna debage. Anybody have the part numbers for those letters?

As for the tree, taking it down would cause trouble with the HOA in our wooded community. If I didn't like it so much, I'd fight them on it, but its a really nice, tall shade provider for our yard. I kicked it a lot, but I don't think I'm gonna kill it. I shall, however, put a big reflector on it, and try to stop running into it as well.

Ron

P.S. I DID knock on wood. That was the problem :(