PDA

View Full Version : Engine surging AGAIN

ThunderChicken
08/28/2005, 08:03 AM
I don't what's happening to my VX. Lately it's been doing a lot of surging going down the road whith the A/C on. It's very annoying.

Yesterday, it surged and died when I slowed down for a stop light. What do I need to do? I just changed the oil and a fuel filter and it's still doing it.

I'm thinking that something is wrong with the carb or it needs plugs. HELP ???

MachineVX
08/28/2005, 09:22 AM
Any Check Engine lights or codes (autozone will read them for you)? What's happening at idle?

Triathlete
08/28/2005, 09:44 AM
I highly doubt it would be the "carb"...

...since our VXs don't have one. We got the good stuff...fuel injection! :thumbup: :bwgy: ;Dy;

Triathlete
08/28/2005, 09:47 AM
Possible problems...clogged injectors, clogged fuel rail, intake gasket, gas cap (mine used to die out when stopping when it was hot out, would open the cap put it back on and problem would go away).

ThunderChicken
08/28/2005, 09:47 AM
No engine lights. She idles at about 800-900 rpm with the A/C off about 1000-1100 with it on.

It varies time to time, sometimes it will go as high as 1,500. You never know til you stop, no warning.

It seems to idle better with the A/C off.

I took it to a mechanic last week and he sprayed something into the carb and it idled fine for about a week and then it started all over again.

ThunderChicken
08/28/2005, 09:54 AM
Okay maybe not the carb, my goof.

Anyway he did spray something and it quit for awhile. I may have some clogged injectors, I have 80,000 miles on the car.

Other than that it runs fine.