PDA

View Full Version : Cost of repairs?

DJColdwater
08/24/2005, 12:32 PM
I'm thinking about getting a VX and I was curious about repair costs. Are they relatively the same as most SUV's? Things like plugs, wires, oil filters, alternators, starters, things of that nature. Since this is quite a rare bird can certain things be pricey to replace or take time to order? I'm looking down the road with this truck and don't want to get hurt cause of its uniqueness. Granted thats what makes it so attractive but sometimes can also be a giant pain. Thanks

PDOGG23
08/24/2005, 12:48 PM
One thing you will want to check into before purcahsing a VX is that the warranty will still be good. The VX comes with a 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty on all Powertrain equipment. That should cover the most expensive things that could go wrong...

Cost of repair is exactly the same as the Isuzu Trooper since most of the parts used in the VX came from the Trooper. There are a few things that you must expect to go wrong with your VX that will cost some $$ unless you do the repairs yourself. i.e. The Power Window Regulator, headlight seals, etc. Just take a look around the site, and do some searches on 'Problems'.. You'll get an idea of the common things that go wrong.

The price to pay to have such a unique and fun vehicle is well worth it... Take care of your VX, and it will take care of you!

Perry

Anita
08/24/2005, 02:00 PM
2000 and 2001 VX's came with a 10 year /120,000 mile limited powertrain warranty on new vehicles. If you are the second owner the warranty cuts in half.

AlaskaVX
08/24/2005, 04:11 PM
yup, since you will be a second ownwer you will only have a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty. And yes Isuzu is very proud of their parts, I believe Isuzu wanted $1,000+ for a CV. Luckily I found one in a junk yard down south and got it for $100. I think they wanted $400-$500 for their alternator but I found a used one for <$100. Of course I abuse the hell out of my car and most likely you won't have to replace as much as I do but parts seem to be near twice the amount of Chevy/GMC.

With that being said, I don't mind paying the extra for driving such a great vehicle. And I am a broke/cheapass