PDA

View Full Version : Air horns not working right.

totallto
08/23/2005, 03:27 PM
Hey guys,

I been having problems with my air horns. got the relay etc. but its just not working. (not enough power) Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? thanks

totallto :(

Raque Thomas
08/24/2005, 05:20 AM
Have they been on a while and quit working properly, or is it a new install?

totallto
08/24/2005, 07:55 PM
We will call it a new install.
the S@#t never worked right.

dkmiller68
08/25/2005, 05:06 AM
maybe you could show us a wiring diagram of your installation; then we could advise better.

doubleadesign
08/25/2005, 07:47 AM
when testing, how long are you holding down the horn? you may have to hold it a bit longer than just a quick beep.
did you also remove the second horn? mine is still hooked up so i technically get two beeps. if i hit it quick enough it only activates the mini horn. which might be why i thought mine wasn't working either. but recently some slow-mo pissed me off by sitting forever at a green light and i laid onthe horn and the boat horn kicked in. i think he got my point.

Raque Thomas
08/25/2005, 11:08 AM
did you try running a hot wire to the horns to make sure that they are not defective? Also, maybe the second relay is causing a problem - the stock system has a relay, so if you unplug the stock horns and use that wire to hook into your horns, there is no need for a second relay.

My reason for asking if it was a new install or had been on a while - I had a problem with mine after they had been on a while - sounded weak, then started blowing fuses. Ran a hot wire to the compressor, and apparently it had corroded or stuck from too little use - the hot wire got it going again, and I just hooked it back up - no more problems. Now I toot my horn at least once a day :p to make sure that doesn't happen! Good luck....

doubleadesign
08/25/2005, 11:16 AM
also up the amperage for the horn fuse. it will blow with the air horn.

totallto
08/26/2005, 06:54 PM
I will unhook the 2nd relay and just hook up the stock wire and see what happens. thanks :o