PDA

View Full Version : Grrr, fender bender...

Rooster
08/22/2005, 01:05 PM
Wife got rear ended a week ago. No real damage but the rear bumper facia was marred/damaged. I dont think that their was/is any structual damage tho. Goes for assessment on Thursday. Looks like free money to me :)

Oh and BTW, no injuries, just a "tap"

mbeach
08/22/2005, 01:30 PM
Good to hear there were no injuries.
I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often, there have been a few comments made about the VX's ability to draw following drivers in to uncomfortably close distances.

With the VX's surprizing braking ability, I brace for impact whenever I have another car following me.

thebear54
08/22/2005, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear the Wife is OK Mike.
John

VehiX
08/22/2005, 07:57 PM
Rear bumper cladding alone, (granted there is no other damage or parts needed) is about $384 with labor for installation included. I backed ever so slightly into a car behind me the other day and a screw from the other car sliced a 4 inch long gash in it. The cladding is not misalligned or anything, just an eye sore slice in the cladding. :(

Rooster
08/23/2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks Folks. I'm debated wether or not to replace it as its barely visable. Plus, after looking on car-parts.com, they are now going for $300 and thats for scratched ones. I'll have to call around, but it's doubtful I'll get new or like new.

On the other hand, those stylish bumper skidplates would look really cool...

nocturnalVX
08/23/2005, 12:52 PM
I'm debated wether or not to replace it as its barely visable. Plus, after looking on car-parts.com, they are now going for $300 and thats for scratched ones. I'll have to call around, but it's doubtful I'll get new or like new.

I say have the tailgating butt-munch's insurance pay for new rear cladding (at least), and save the slightly damaged cladding for the future. I have the entire front piece sitting in storage from when it was slightly damaged by a kid in his daddy's Grand Cherokee.

Anita
08/23/2005, 01:17 PM
I say have the tailgating butt-munch's insurance pay for new rear cladding (at least), and save the slightly damaged cladding for the future. I have the entire front piece sitting in storage from when it was slightly damaged by a kid in his daddy's Grand Cherokee.

That is exactly what I did with mine. Only visible damage to my back bumper piece was a broken reflector, otherwise it is in perfect shape (gathering dust in my basement). The other guy's insurance covered the new piece.

nocturnalVX
08/23/2005, 01:30 PM
Great minds think alike! :yesy:

Rooster
08/26/2005, 07:59 AM
Their sending me a check for $387...

;)