PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise, WDC Pontaic, MI (must read all)

V12BMW
08/14/2005, 08:21 PM
Calling all members, VXer's and Isuzuer's. The Biggest Car event in the WORLD is coming this Fri, Sat, Sun: Aug 19th, 20th, 21st. I'm calling all members and VXer's able, to come and enjoy this awsome, awsome event. Last Year Over 1.7 million people came to see over 40,000 (which I think is a conservative number) muscle cars, street rods, custom, collectors and special interest vehicles. Special Interest, here's where we come in!

My goal is to get as many VXer's possible to come and cruise. I think it would be so cool if we go like 20 VXer's to cruise or maybe even more! I've been going for the last 4 years, this would be the first year with my VX and I can't wait!

This is a great event for people of any age. GOT KIDS? Bring em, they will have so much fun and they will never forget all the cool cars! I cannot say enough about this event it's so much fun!

I hope any VXer in michigan will show it's your duty, MIVXer's :p But there are not enough MI, VXers on vehcross.info to make a real impression. Thats why anyone from any state who can show, has just gotta show. Clear your schudule, pack the kids, a cooler and some chairs and come to MI.

I will go all three days to different stops along woodward ave. Offically the cruise is on Sat from 9am-9pm but this is such a huge event people start crusin friday

Saturday moring was the date I had planned for the MEET. All you VXer's/members just to meet me in Option #1 Pontiac, Michigan at the Pontiac Silver Dome parking lot or at the Option 2 Oakland Community College, in Auburn Hills Michigan just in case the Silverdome is being used for the WDC. I will talk to a Silver Dome rep sometime on monday to see if they will allow us to meet there. If not we can just meet at OCC Aubrun Hills campus by building B, it's a small campus so you won't have problems finding building B. I will know by monday or tuesday which option we will meet at. Where ever it is #1 or #2 we will meet there between 7-8am by 8:30-9:30am we leave.

From there you can do whatever you want. I was gonna take anyone who wants, to these ORV trails about 30 minutes for a half a day. Just as long as we meet again later, at the meet spot for the group cruise.

Woodward ave. is only 1 mile away, from meet Option 1 or 2 and there are about a dozen different hotels within the same distance for those coming early or spending the night. The real action is about 15 miles down Woodward thats where we/you can park, walk and setup some lawn chairs just watch rides cruise by. What time we meet back at the meet spot for the group cruise is totally up to us, once people rsvp me i'll have a better idea of what time is convient for people (i was think of an evening cruise, but thats totally up in the air). RSVP me and let me know anytime this week if you want to attend the VX Meet. My email is playbpimpin12@yahoo.com or my cell is 248-935-3857 give me a ring. Lets all flex our VX muscle at the Woodward Dream Cruise.

P.S. Anyone who wants to cruise there VX covered in mud from head to toe, without having to wreck our ride, let me know by Thursday, because Fri and or Saturday I'm gonna go get nice and dirty for the group cruise.

Remember the WDC is totally free. Depending on where we go to get the trucks dirty, it will cost about 45 dollars here's the breakdown.

ORV sticker 16.25 dollars, Gas there and back 15 dollars daily, state park trails fee 10 dollars, the way people look at a VX when covered in mud priceless! If your traveling on a tight budget I can take you to a gravel pit where I always go hossin only ten minutes from the meet spot. You'll get dirty for free.

I'm gonna provide some drinks and maps at the meet for what ever you want to do.

So Wax your ride, Shine those tires, and Polish your Rims were goin Cruisin'

Hope to here from you soon
Tom

For more info see www.woodwardcreamcruise.com

V12BMW
08/14/2005, 08:53 PM
Any other ideas for things to do post here.

V12BMW
08/15/2005, 08:00 AM
i know this post is only 12hrs old but come on people lets mnake this happen. you out of staters need to grab some cash, your vx and come to this awsome event.

Where are all of my MI peoplez

V12BMW
08/15/2005, 09:21 AM
ok i've decided on option #2 becuase it's impossiable to get the silverdome people on the phone. so anyquestions call and/or email me

nocturnalVX
08/15/2005, 10:48 AM
I have to work this weekend, so I am out. I hope the Midwest VXers show up in force!

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 09:52 AM
bummer, sucks you gotta work, i say you call :blab: in sick :evil:

it is only tuesday and maybe i posted this a lil late but it still have high hopes.

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 05:11 PM
OMG, were are all my MI homies represent!

SwampBuggyMan
08/16/2005, 06:58 PM
yo, i am a huge fan, you can see a pic of a vxer i took from duggans pub window of the cruise from 2001.

Ive been every year and will be there again this year.

I usually park and head into the 13 and woodward area to relax, and have a beer possibly.

Although I usually take a quick ride thru the actual event, I mainly like to just watch the wonderful cars and take it all in.

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 07:05 PM
have you had your vx in the shop within the last 5 months?

SwampBuggyMan
08/16/2005, 07:08 PM
nope, its been a good lil buggy lately

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 07:13 PM
i saw a proton yellow in tamaroff's service department a while back! do you have a buddy with one? i've have some short convos wit someone, on this sight talk bout how he knows some1 wit one?

SwampBuggyMan
08/16/2005, 07:16 PM
well we did have a royal oak meet up, mr tew, auto racer was there and also redline, check out my gallery for pics, maybee some of these guys will be interested.

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 07:16 PM
can you get ahold of any of those guys from the royal oak meet? because im trying to get as many people as posiable

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 07:19 PM
redline's the dude i've talk to b4 i think, but are you in on saturday?

SwampBuggyMan
08/16/2005, 07:25 PM
how cool it would be to have a line of vxes at the cruise,.....

V12BMW
08/16/2005, 07:30 PM
Thats what i was thinking I'm sending all who were at the royal oak meet an email, and telling them to show up! even like 5 VXes deep would be sweet!

V12BMW
08/17/2005, 05:06 AM
Well the weather is looking good for friday and saturday possible thunderstorms, which would make the trails nice and muddy. probably see a heck of alot of burn out's too.

autox-racer
08/18/2005, 05:10 PM
Would be really cool to have VX lined up but i cant make it.

ars

V12BMW
08/18/2005, 08:31 PM
bummer dude

V12BMW
08/19/2005, 07:35 PM
ne1 that is down to meet at woodward and square lk rd, ill be there at 5:45, on the northwest corner gas station (mobil i think). Be there or be square!