Anyone ever been to a show like this?
http://www.car-tunesinc.com/image/11710477.jpg

Should I expect praise or ridicule?

Ldub
08/11/2005, 10:31 AM
Depends on how well they get to know you. :p

Corey872
08/11/2005, 10:32 AM
Sounds like they are trying to draw a pretty eclectic mix - trucks, jeeps, sport compact, classic, hot rod, bikes, etc. I would have to give them props for that! Hot rod guys could check out the dyno, while the bling-bling crowd is doing the show cars and the bass wars.

Corey

pbkid
08/11/2005, 11:06 AM
ehh i would show up if i were you. worst thing thats gonna happen is that you get some ridicule but its ok you could out perform most of thier cars anyways probably =). i say yay.
pbkid

AlaskaVX
08/11/2005, 02:07 PM
Well it looks like if you were to enter you would be competing against Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep and Chrystler. If thats the case you will probobly do well in that group. If you like car shows I would go, this sound like it would be big. And only $25 entry fee... why not.

And I would say this attracts a younger crowd so your VX would be praised. But there will always be that one person who just hates it and has to blurt it out, but who cares you like it.

psychos2
08/11/2005, 02:18 PM
i have been to one with the vx. but it was more of a mod show.you get judged on all the mods you have done. like carbon fiber, rims tires ,engine mods,stereo mods, etc. got alot of compliments.it was fun.i say go for it. shawn

Maugan_VX
08/11/2005, 03:42 PM
well my biggest and best mod is a trailer hitch :)

I might show up if I get back from the beach in time, just to check it out. If I was going to enter, I'd have to detail it, and I really feel unmotivated to do that in the 105 degree heat tomorrow.
:D

thebear54
08/11/2005, 05:46 PM
GO FOR IT MAN!!!!!!!!
I think MorganTech does those kind of shows...looks like fun.
John

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/11/2005, 06:14 PM
I entered a show last Saturday called "Cruisers & Bruisers 2005" which entailed a mixture of modded PT Cruisers and jacked up 4x4's sponsored by about 6 local businesses.

It cost $10 to enter plus I bought an event t-shirt for $12 and even though I didn't win any classes the VX received lots of positive attention and I won a doorprize: A $39 Hella dual Airhorn kit.

I say go for it!

thebear54
08/12/2005, 05:46 AM
Shows are a blast....Great cars, great people.

Was that your first show Greg? Nice door prize!

I have done four(4) shows,plus a few "Cruise-Ins" and walked away with two(2) trophies for the IronMan so far this season.
It's a blast to see the expressions on people's faces when they see the VX and the questions they ask about the car. It's still amazes me how many people have never seen a VX before.
John

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/12/2005, 03:04 PM
Shows are a blast....Great cars, great people.

Was that your first show Greg? Nice door prize!

So far I've attended with/entered the VX in (1) show and (3) different Cruise in's. Most shows in my area are restricted to something like '71 and older "cars only" type shows. The three "Cruise In's" I've attended stated they were for anything you wanted to show off.

I've had largely positive experiences as most people who aren't interested in the VX simply walk by while those who are hang around and usually ask questions.

I've really only had one bad experience in that a guy with a '49 Mercury parked behind me was upset because "he" felt the Cruise In was for only 50's type cars; whereas I had previously spoken to the guy in charge of the business that was hosting the Cruise In and he told me it was for ANYTHING!

The trend I see with the VX's popularity is mostly with High School kids & College-aged kids who seem utterly infatuated and intoxicated by the VX!
So I guess I'm a 39 year old adolescent...lol.

I'm planning on entering a second show on the 28'th of this month which is held at the local drag strip. They claim to give away alot of cash prizes and are judged by the attending public as well as fellow entries. Wish me luck...lol.