PDA

View Full Version : USA = 0 / Germany = 1

Dallas4u
06/21/2002, 06:49 AM
Awesome game! Anyone else watch? I played soccer from 5yrs. through junior year in HS and miss it... especially watching pro and World Cup games.

This was the best the US has played and they COULD/SHOULD have at least tied Germany.

Next cup... we'll be SWEET!

BaM*BaM
06/21/2002, 08:25 AM
A huge congrats to the TEAM USA!!!
I played a lot of soccer. Besides bicycling, it was the fave cross-training sport for ski racing.
I think Brazil has it in the bag.
My wish has always been that they would make a rule change that would allow one man to be 'off-sides' all of the time. This would allow a huge fast downfield pass for a possible fast score to happen at any moment, much like a big strike in american football. It would reward long accurate passing and make for much more scoring.
......Yeah, I know...."in my dreams, suckerhead!"
LOL!!!
:dance:

WormGod
06/21/2002, 08:40 AM
Major disappointment but by far, the best the US has played. I watched the Brasil game too and am still waiting to get some sleep. Sitting here at work now having been awake for over 24 hours, but so well worth it watching those games. Germany will be a tough team to beat for anybody. It can only get more interesting from here.

dutchie
06/21/2002, 08:22 PM
Yep US had an awsome game, actually they played better than the krauts, unfortunately against a team like Germany you should never waste your changes, cause they don't...
It's a weird world cup, Korea, Senegal and the US in the quarter finals.....The teams which I can support become less and less, we Dutch can't stand the German team or the Brasilian team...so go for it Korea!;eekg;