PDA

View Full Version : Is that thing custom?

MSHardeman
08/09/2005, 01:12 PM
That's the question I got from someone as I got out of the VX the other day. He wanted to know if I had built it, or if it really was an Isuzu (still have all of my badging). After I assured him that it was fully stock, he said that it was good to see that Isuzu was finally catching up to some of the other manufacturers in the design department. In all fairness, I still have the dealer tags on the car because I just bought it a couple of weeks ago. When I told him that it was, actually, a 2000 model his jaw hit the floor.
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole exchange, and can't wait stump someone else.

AlaskaVX
08/09/2005, 02:59 PM
LOL nice! Today I had someone ask if it was a kit car.

Y33TREKker
08/09/2005, 04:25 PM
I had a similar exchange a few weeks ago. A few guys at the carwash were asking if the 20's were stock, but when I told them it had originally had 18's when it was new in 2001, they said they had been assuming all along that it was something new by Isuzu for '06. :cool:

Ldub
08/09/2005, 04:32 PM
Get used to it... I had two "VX encounters" today, always fun to talk to other folks about such a unique ride.
I also had an experience today with a kid in a monster truck wanna be, Ford PU, sky high & REAL loud...you've all seen him before. Anyway, it was a blast leaving him WAY far behind on the on ramp...too fun.
Ldub

MachineVX
08/09/2005, 06:47 PM
In the last month or so, I've gotten more comments on the VX than I have since I've owned her. The first was an Autozone employee who wondered if it was a Porsche and told me Isuzu was coming up in the world when I told him what it was. A yuppie couple at a car wash who were surprised it was a 2000 and were much less satisfied with their new Mercedes than they were before seeing the VX. A couple, the male pair of which was orgasmic over seeing the engine, and a homeless guy at the gas station.

pbkid
08/09/2005, 09:37 PM
strange i havent gotten any "what is that"s yet. Well besides all my friends when i first got it :) (going from a hopped up acura to a suv). Well i suppose it would probably help if i cleaned it sometimes. its always covered in mud because every time i get a rainstorm i have to go to the local puddle and make the rest of the "4by4"s into peices of junk :) .
pbkid

WormGod
08/10/2005, 07:51 AM
I got that years ago at the beach. Some van pulled up next to me in beach traffic and the side door slid open. I thought I was about to be carjacked (heh), but some country boys (and a couple pretty fine ladies) hung out and one asked me if it was a cutomised body kit for an Amigo, hahaha. I gave him the 15 second VX speech and drove on. Sometimes it makes me think about just how close minded some people really can be, heh.

VehiGAZ
08/10/2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, my most common VX moment is like mentioned above - when you tell someone it's a 1999 model and their jaw drops. They can't believe they missed it for the last 6 years, and they can believe a car that STILL looks so futuristic was designed that far in the past.

Triathlete
08/10/2005, 12:38 PM
I just tell them all that I am the fortunate "test driver" of the prototype for the 2010 "new" Isuzu! :thumbup:

Maugan_VX
08/10/2005, 02:28 PM
I've had exactly 2 people ask me what it was and what year it is.

nobody around here seems to care I guess.

Bulldoggie
08/15/2005, 07:57 PM
I was driving 65mph in the center lane (I-205 NB) when a shiny NEW MB SUV (black) Tailgated me for awhile then it pulled along side. The ENTIRE FAMILY, was rubber necking the VX. they then cut in front of me, making me kick off the cruise control, then changed to the right lane to slow down to check out the passinger side, All still rubber necking. Pulling in behind and then passing again, completely circling the VX.
I took that as quite a compliment, except for the cruise control part.
Just the day before, I was pulling into work, (parking lot) and when I got out, I heard someone say "excuse me", turned and saw a STATE TROOPER had followed me into the lot.
Thinking I must have not seen a pedestrian in a crosswalk, or something worse, But was relieved to find she just wanted to know more about the car. (about 15min. worth, making me a bit late)
The week before, I thought there was a ticket on the VX. (parking is heavily enforced), but it was a OFFER to BUY the VX. I thought about Highballing the price and buying another, but I just told him to try this site, for a well pampered one.
Many more casual encounters, not worth getting into.
I think Isuzu must have gotten it right, "beauty is in it's stock design".

Ldub
08/15/2005, 10:00 PM
I had another one last pm in a parking lot.
TTl stranger: (from about 20' away) MITSUBISHI???
ME (being about 1/2 as funny as I think I am): No, Ldub.
TS:No, I meant the car.
Me: Oh...that's an Isuzu.
Went on to have a nice conversation ...yadda yadda, limited production,99-2001,so on & so forth...you know the rest.
I never tire of it. :cool:

PeteVX
08/16/2005, 08:58 AM
Funniest comment i ever got was a couple of weeks after i bought it, this subaru pulled up alongside in traffic, tooted his horn so i rolled down the window and this overly gay guy in the passenger seat said " if that isnt just the cutest little thing we ever saw i just dont know what is!! Justin and i would look simply fabulous in one, what gas milage does it get?" So trying not to laugh i said not too great, its only about 14 to the gallon, Overly gay guy says "OOOOOOOh that wont work then will it Justin?, very cute though, Byyyeeeee!"

I just had to laugh, :) why couldnt it have been two hot chicks?? (this was pre girlfriend!!!)

Pete

crager34
08/16/2005, 09:26 AM
Driving South toward Cincinnati on I-75.... heavy traffic and I could not believe the spazz/wrecklessness/cutting in-n-out/bigassed SUV coming my way from behind. I had some choice thoughts in my head, then she.... came to a screetching stop with traffic right next to me, asked me to roll down my window (yes... one of mine still works) and asked about my VX. Mine is de-badged.

Navigator
08/17/2005, 04:57 AM
My VX is custom :yes: