PDA

View Full Version : VX Key Blanks

Mikeys00vx
08/08/2005, 05:47 PM
Hi! I am trying to find a few Isuzu Key Blanks for my VX. The local Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. tell me they dont have the right key blank to make a copy. Do any of you know if the Rodeo/Trooper key blanks commonly found on Ebay will work? So far I have not found any VX key blanks on Ebay. Any help? Thanks!

Mikey

JGeorge264
08/08/2005, 09:29 PM
I bought key blanks off ebay last year. The sellers name was "marcslockandkey". You may be able to do a search on ebay for that seller and find out if he has more. I paid $5 for 2 blanks.

good luck

scarpezio
08/09/2005, 09:45 PM
Your WalMart must not be looking too hard. The first thing I did when I bought mine was to drive over to WalMart and they made two keys without any problem. One side has the manufacturer "Axxess+" and the other side has the number 53. Hope this helps.

TEN36VX
08/10/2005, 06:17 PM
My 99 takes Axxess #51 (or 51R)
I get all of mine cut at OSH ( I loose my keys alot...)

HotFlyer
08/10/2005, 06:42 PM
The ILCO key blank number for the VX is X184. It will fit all years.

Howard 0761

Zorak
06/15/2006, 02:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ISUZU-TROOPER-AMIGO-PICKUP-ETC-KEY-BLANK-POST-FREE_W0QQitemZ4642628441QQcategoryZ100913QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
old thread, but if anyone is interested, I got a set of these and they work fine on my VX, even though it is not one of the models listed. My locksmith didn't even charge me for cutting them cause he thought I paid a lot more for them than I did! IMO, much better looking than the plain metal OEM ones or the generic blanks you usually find available. Nice big fat head (gotta love fat heads ;) ) with the Isuzu logo inset into the plastic on both sides, not just stuck on. Not much more than a couple of generics would cost from Home Depot, etc either (free :) shipping)

SkidPlate
06/24/2006, 07:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ISUZU-TROOPER-AMIGO-PICKUP-ETC-KEY-BLANK-POST-FREE_W0QQitemZ4642628441QQcategoryZ100913QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got a set of these, they are awesome keys. You can not beat the price for this quality.

I took them to a locksmith to get cut, glad I did. He laughed when I handed him an Axxess+ to copy from (said they are always off-center?).

Luckily I had a worn oem key, he looked it up and was able to 'recreate' the correct cut. I figued he was pulling my leg, but now I can see and tell the difference when I look at the cuts and turn the tumblers.

Anyway, he would only cut one because the key metal on these imports was too hard... so I'm figuring this guy is a real joker right. Then he showed me how the wheel (hardest one he had) was melting the metal off of this key.

So I'd recommed these over that Wal-Mart stuff.

vrsvx
06/29/2006, 10:28 AM
Not sure if you have any Westlake Hardware stores in your area but I they had blanks in stock. I did however have to go back in to have them file down the edge to make it work but I have 2 working key from they and it only cost around $3.00 for both.