PDA

View Full Version : Little help from my friends (please)...

shoota77
08/06/2005, 11:32 AM
Well, I got back last night after a little 3 week jaunt to the West Coast. Upon trying to start the VX...I got nothing. Remote locks didn't work, lights didn't work, nothing. So, I tried jumping it and all that happened was the horn kept sounding (and this was at 3am) but the car woundn't crank at all. So, I called AAA and when they hooked up to me the exterior lights came on and some of the warning lights came on, but still wouldn't start. Everything was working fine when I left...battery is an Optima Red Top 2 months old. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-

MZ-N10
08/06/2005, 11:48 AM
well the battery disconnected so the alarm probably thought someone was tryin to break into ur car. just get a new battery(alarm might sound again) turn off the alarm then wait. we have a security feature on the vx, so that u cant start the car unless the alarm is off.

shoota77
08/06/2005, 01:03 PM
Looks like it was a blown fuse. 100A or something or rather. Guess it's a trip to autozone...

SGT.BATGUANO
08/07/2005, 02:49 AM
Solenoid and / or starter?

Anita
08/07/2005, 12:36 PM
Hopefully it is not frayed wiring in one of the harnesses.

shoota77
08/07/2005, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a 100 amp fuse located in the engine fuse box. I pulled it out and it was blown and cracked in 2, so there was no connection being made. Unfortunately, i havent been able to track one down in the local pep boys or autozone (sold out). I find it odd how it happened though...I parked the car 3 weeks ago and it was running fine. Then it's just dead. Maybe the new england heat got to it??? Oh well, hopefully i'll grab the fuse somewhere tomorrow.