PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

maxw
08/05/2005, 07:54 AM
After dealing with a number of Isuzu dealers and having a hugely mixed response to issues related to my VX ; windows and hood insert, I decided to contact Isuzu directly.
Why, I asked, was there an apparent disdain for Isuzu customer support expressed by dealers when clients approached them with what appeared to be well known problems? Was Isuzu not aware of an extremely loyal following on this website who were being at worst ignored and at best patronized by their lack of response to identifiable design flaws, and that the VX community remained steadfastly loyal despite these problems? Would it not be in the best interest of Isuzu to attempt to be more poactive in dealing with members of one of the most active auto websites on the web, where owners were expressing ongoing dismay and frustration? Would collaboration not be the better part of valor in this case?
I was told that they were in fact not aware of the VX website and that these questions would be passed "up the chain of command" for further review.
No doubt, this effort is entirely quixotic and there shall in fact be no response to an attempt of collaboration and some hope of resolution of our beloved window and hood insert dilemmas. But after being laughed out of 2 dealerships regarding hope of warranty coverage for these issues,and the ongoing posts by fellow VX'ers I had to try.
I shall let you know if a response is forthcoming...while I work on a solution to cold fusion and world peace.
Drive safely.
Max.

LukeVX
08/05/2005, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the time and effort. I am one of those who has been recently (in the past couple days) "laughed out of a dealer" for the hood insert problem.
Please keep us informed.

Luke Wagner

Chopper
08/08/2005, 05:26 PM
Maybe it's just the fine folks at Daytona Isuzu- or the fact I worked there for a time, but they've been wonderful. Three sets of headlight moldings, one drivers door rubber molding. Two passenger side window replacements, one drivers side window replacement, and a new hood insert. All supplied with a smile and not a bit of grief. I am now waiting on headlight rubber set #four. this will be the end of my bumper to bumper coverage. Bummer. The only thing they refused was four new wheeles to replace the peeley(?) ones. Environmental issues they said. No worries, Soon as the ol' Stones wear out, I'm very much looking forward to new shoes 'n wheels for it.