PDA

View Full Version : Well I fought the dealer and lost on the hood insert.

LukeVX
08/03/2005, 06:40 AM
Well I fought the dealer and lost on the hood insert. After arguing with the service representative, and service manager and making them refer it to the factory rep, they all said no and wore me down and I gave up.

I tried to explain the small cracks starting on the edge of the hood insert leading into long white stress streaks were an inherent problem with the VX and it should be replaced under warranty, but for some reason they insisted the streaks were “eraser marks” and refused to accept the hairline cracks as actual cracks. Still don’t get the whole eraser marks thing. Did they think my cousin was doing his homework on the hood or something?

Oh well, my factory warranty runs out this week so it looks like I will have to do fiberglass or carbon fiber when it finally cracks all the way through. Does anyone want to give me some advice on getting something new?

Thanks,

Luke

Maugan_VX
08/03/2005, 06:49 AM
I've got "refinish hood insert" on my to-do list for the vx.

It will no doubt be cheaper than buying a new one.

mbeach
08/03/2005, 09:02 AM
When you get your new insert, take the old one and hit your service manager over the head with it.
That's what I'm going to do with my wife's shocks -all 4 of them.

I'm getting ready to do the Rhino Liner thing on the cladding, I wonder if this treatment will prevent any insert cracking (or even stop any cracks that have already started). Is this an option for you?

XCross69
08/03/2005, 10:52 AM
I have done the Rhino liner on my hood insert, mine was not cracked or anything but before it did I thought this may prevent it. I have had several compliments on it and I too think it looks really good. Just have to keep it treated or it gets a "dry" look to it.....just like the cladding Cost me $50 to have it done

Maugan_VX
08/03/2005, 11:00 AM
it cost you only $50 to get your cladding rhino lined?

Moncha
08/03/2005, 11:09 AM
I think the way it reads is the insert cost $50 but it looks "dry" just like the cladding does when left untreated.

WESTO
08/03/2005, 06:19 PM
were can i get hold of a rhino liner and at what cost?

Moncha
08/04/2005, 07:29 AM
Rhino Liner is a spray on like paint. Look in your local yellow pages.

Anita
08/04/2005, 09:12 AM
http://www.rhinoliner.com/