PDA

View Full Version : Vxc Status...

ron
08/02/2005, 12:42 PM
hello folks...

I've got good and bad news. Bad news... just got laid off about a minute ago from my job. Turns out that the company will be "outsourcing" their design services from overseas and therefore don't need me anymore. So, I'm out, again, in the unemployment arena.

Good news, I'll be able to concentrate more time now to finish up the back-ordered parts that people have been patiently waiting for.

I apologize to everyone and anyone who have been kept out of the loop lately regarding their e-mails and status of their orders. I've been under a tremendous amount of pressure from this job in the past 4 months which diverted my needed attention from my family as well as VXC. I was literally working day by day and waiting til they "pulled the trigger" as I kept denying the reality of the inevitable outcome.

With this new development, I've come to realize that the BS and stress my family and I endured for a while was just not worth it and am thankful that they had done it rather than me going postal. Now, I'm faced with the reality of paying a mortgage, feeding a family, paying bills and expecting another addition to the family by winter.

As much as I regret, I will be resorting to selling my 20" street wheels along with any other VX related items that I can find and may consider selling the VX, as it would be one less monthly bill to pay.

I know that I may be thinking illogically at this time when it comes to considering ridding the VX. But, I must consider ALL possible alternatives if things don't work out soon. VXC will not be an exception either.

My next step is getting pre-paid parts out to people. I've managed to neglect that side of the business and piss people off for which I'm sorry for. Once all delivered, I will be making carrying out drastic decisions starting with the wheels.

I can only hope that you all understand and can empathise with my situation if worse comes to worse and that things will get better before they get worse. Until next time...

VCrossfan
08/02/2005, 01:20 PM
WOW: Sorry to hear that Ron. You have alot of talent and won't have a problem finding a new job. I received my front Skid (Raw) from you today and it's looks and fits great. Even though it's Raw it won't take much prep to get into color. From the looks of the skid you take pride in your work, you'll find work.

Steve

Cyrk
08/02/2005, 01:37 PM
SO sorry to hear it, let us know if anything we can do for ya... I hope that you do not have to get rid of your VX, you have made great items for us and the VX community... I love my skidplate and look forward to receiving my rear one.

If you have any magazines, toys or other VX crap I would love to buy it from ya. If it resorts to that.

-Dave

JULIAN911
08/02/2005, 06:24 PM
Ron,

I'm very pleased with the quality and fit of your products and would hate to see you divorce from our VX community due to unemployment. I get pleasure everyday seeing my VX with the beautiful claddings and grill that I proudly installed myself from your easy to understand instructions.

The economy is actually picking up a little bit and not all companies have outsourced their design function. I believe that with your workmanship and attention to details, you should be able to find another gig shortly.

Good luck!

WyrreJ
08/02/2005, 06:29 PM
If you got one, you should post a resume here. Who knows, maybe someone in the community can hook you up. Job hunting is all about the backdoor networks.

johnnyapollo
08/02/2005, 06:59 PM
Ron,

If it would help, I can go ahead and order the rear skidplate from you. Let me know if that would be a good thing or bad.

-- Best, John

thebear54
08/02/2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your unemployment...keep your chin up there are always companies out looking for talented people like you.
I received my front and rear skid plates today and they are awesome!!!
Glad I ordered them.
Keep the sunny side up Ron, this is just another step through life. Better things have a habit of popping up.
John

WormGod
08/03/2005, 07:42 AM
Sorry to hear Ron. I figured you have been busy with your job so I never bothered you about my order. Take your time man. I have another 160 years to live. ;)

I think the request to get an idea of what you do and possibly a resume would be great. I have no clue what you do, but if it related to anything we have in my office, I could do my best to get your foot in the door. God knows, we hire like the military here and in my past 10 years here, we have have had great business. There are MANY different areas were certain expertise is needed in the game industry. Especially if you could sell ice to an eskimo.

Good luck bro.

wekilled
08/03/2005, 07:52 AM
Same as above message..

I wasn't planning on it yet, as Ijust forked over for Tones nerf set, but with your situation of less money more time. I would likely order the skids x2 raw set (w/hitch cutout) if you are able to produce them. Let me know either way. I dont want to miss out on your great work.

As above, let me know if this is a good or bad thing.

Good luck either way.

douglas.wekell@us.army.mil

ron
08/03/2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks all for the words of support and encouragement. I'm glad to hear that a few people appreciated my work.

I'm already initiating plans of change in order for my family and I to survive. I'll be putting my 20" wheels for sale soon to start off with.

Regarding putting up my resume up, I may a link up to my web site for all to review in case your interested in my background and experience. Just to give everyone a brief description, I'm a product/industrial designer with about over 10 years of experience ranging from modelmaking, conceptual sketching, computer renderings, prototyping and product development. If anyone has a lead to a company within the SF bay area for a product design position, let me know. Thanks for the idea.

Those that do want to order plates or whatever parts, go on ahead as I will have more time to work on them. My priority is to catch up on the current orders which are not that much. Don't worry Gary, I'll be getting that rear plate to you soon, bro.

In the mean time, I'll be concentrating more on VXC and be Mr. Mom til things turn around sooner than later hopefully.

WormGod
08/04/2005, 05:53 PM
Thats kind of you and all Ron, but I dont think you want to send me a rear plate, heh. Would be nice and all, but I would rather have the clear fender lenses that I ordered. ;)

Maybe the rear plate will be my next order.

wekilled
08/04/2005, 11:07 PM
Ron:

I'd like to pay with a different card other than the one I have on my Paypal.

Can I pay with Discover? Or possibly a different Visa Card by calling you with #s and you processing it prior to "go."

WyrreJ
08/05/2005, 04:53 PM
Why not just put the other card on paypal too? I've had no problems with multiple cards on paypal.

thebear54
08/05/2005, 07:02 PM
Ron...
As promised, here are some postings of my newly installed VXC skidplates.
Has a rough time deciding on the color. Flat Black...Naw,blends in too much., Victory White...Nope., Silver Gray...No,everybody has that color.
My final choice was semi gloss Alluminum to give the VX that "Area 51" futuristic look....what do you think?
Johnhttp://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/000_0532.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/000_0532.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/000_0531.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/000_0531.JPG)

dutchie
08/06/2005, 06:26 AM
I especially like the NL sticker on the back!

thebear54
08/06/2005, 05:19 PM
Ha Ha...all part of the package Serge ;)
John