PDA

View Full Version : New Yokohama's are finally in and ready for install!

VXNIT
07/28/2005, 02:41 PM
Just a little excited about finally getting the shoes resoled. Decided on the Yok AVS ST 285/60/18's on my stock rims. Thanks to all who gave input on tire upgrade posts.... Had to share my joy with those who will understand my excitement. Still waiting on Ron to get my Grill Kit and Clear Corners I ordered on June 6th to me, and my mods for now are on hold. Anyone else waiting on Vehicross Concept mods??? Seems like quite a delay in delivery on this order. I have bought from Ron before but unusually long delay this go around.

JULIAN911
07/28/2005, 06:34 PM
Ron was very prompt on my order for front/rear cladding + grill kit. He was also very responsive with questions before. I'm now still waiting for one last item, clear lens, and have not been able to get in touch with him lately. I just hope that everything is OK with Ron.

BTW, Ron products are very nice - good fit and quality and you guys will be very happy.

VXNIT
07/28/2005, 08:25 PM
Agreed, hope all is well and yes I have rcceived Front Skid Plate and Front Bumper Clears from him prior and very happy with.. Its just that I paid for Grill Kit and Clear Corners June 6. He emailed me back after I asked for status on June 17 indicating he had my stuff near completion adn lens on way at first of the week and Grill right after. I emailed in mid July asking if he would be able to ship by 15th since I was putting the VX in a local car show and he was on vacation in SanDiego adn indicated he could not adn no word since.

mbeach
07/29/2005, 10:19 AM
You'll be very happy with the 285 Yokos.
I have a second-hand set that I got after a few years with MrTews. I drove them from Ohio to Alaska without a hitch (lots of high-speed gravel encounters).

Just last week I put them on to cruise the Denali highway (fist sized rocks, no pavement) and ended the drive with a jaunt up to the Gulkana Glacier. The trail is a diverted riverbed strewn with basketball sized rounded rocks. The tires performed flawlessly, even on some of the wet sections. I would avoid mud, but other than that I have to say these things are awesome. I'm seeking a more agressive set of yokohamas for winter.