PDA

View Full Version : Arizona fall camping/wheeling get together (planning stages)

Triathlete
07/28/2005, 11:01 AM
All right, its been awhile since we've got together here so lets get it rolling. I am going to make this an overnighter. I have 2 possible weekends to work with. Popular vote wins! September 17-18 or Oct 1-2. Let me know which one works best for everyone who plans on going. I'll give everyone a few weeks to chime in then I'll set the date so everyone can plan.
Now the rest of the info...
Am thinking of Hackberry Creek (near Superior). This is a nice trail with just enough obstacles to keep things interesting. A few of us went up there last year and enjoyed it (this year we'll run it the right way...not backwards). This trail is also close to both Tucson and Phoenix.
So lets hear from everyone! Out of staters are more than welcome to join in...we like to show of our awesome trails!

P.S. stockers will do fine....with a little finesse! :thumbup:

VCAMILO
07/28/2005, 12:13 PM
Im good for Sep 18th and 19th.(Sunday / Monday right?) I went camping upthere a few time after we all went last year. Good times! :p

Triathlete
07/28/2005, 01:24 PM
Sorry guys. Iwas looking at the wrong calendar. The dates have been corrected. I'm glad you put the days in your response Victor!
Okay, disaster diverted. ;ooy; :laughy:

Pigpen
07/28/2005, 01:56 PM
17th and 18th wont do for me as we will still be in class. I will approach the wive unit as to the 31st -01 Oct. Hopefully I will have the tires on by then lol. :)

tomdietrying
07/28/2005, 06:39 PM
Billy,
Sounds like an awsome outing. I wish I was one of the lucky ones, but I can't make it.

Make sure and take a lot of pics. I enjoyed pretending I was there last year.

Peace.
Tom

VXcaver
07/28/2005, 07:29 PM
Count me in. Either weekend works for me.

Triathlete
07/29/2005, 09:46 AM
Victor, where did you guys camp up there? I was thinking we could just find a good clearing someplace. I'm not much into campgrounds. Jeff says he got a power inverter so we don't have to miss the end of the movie this time! HaHa! :laughy: :laughy: I'm going to check my maps and wheeling conections and see if there is any other trails in that area also.

So, who else is going to join in?

Mr.Quackers
07/29/2005, 06:16 PM
I would definatly be up for it. either weekend as of now would work for me but i would need a little bit more detail. being an "out of stater" i would have to drive a bit but that is not a problem. i would love to get together with a few more vx's. been a fan of the site for quite a while now (very useful info) and just recently got my own vx and i would love to see what these vehicles are capable of. :bgwg: so count me in as of now.

Triathlete
07/29/2005, 11:02 PM
Here is a LINK (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5458&highlight=Hackberry+creek) to some pics from the last trip up there to wet everyones whistle. The first group of pics is Hackberry Creek.

Mr. Q, the area is just outside of Superior Arizona. It is about 1.5-2 hours east of Phoenix and about 3 hours NW of Tucson. As soom as we get a date set I'll have more info as far as times and meet places. If you have any other specific ?'s let me know and I'll help out as much as possible. It would be really cool to meet you and show you what a great vehicle you truely have (in case you didn't already know :rolly: ). To truely see what your VX is capable of you should definately put Moab ZuZoo on your calandar for next May!

Ldub
07/30/2005, 09:09 AM
I'll post up as a definite "maybe"...I would like nothing better than a road trip of this magnatude!, BUT,I'll have to wait & see as the time gets closer, how financial & other situations are working out.
Not that it should make any difference at this point, but the later, the better for me as far as the date goes.

Ldub

Triathlete
07/30/2005, 03:16 PM
Wow! Wasn't expecting people from so far away to come down and hang with us. Would be great if you guys make it!

pbkid
07/31/2005, 12:00 AM
i will definately be down if school does not interfere with timing. well that and if u guys make the outing long enough to make it worth the drive from colorado. love to see other vxers doin there thing. just got back from colorado zu 7 like 30 minutes ago and now im stoked to go to more of em =)
as time gets nearer i will give ya a more definate answer.
pbkid

Triathlete
07/31/2005, 03:42 PM
With all these possibles from out of state all you Arizona VXers better step up to the plate. I know the usual suspects will be there (me, vxcaver, vcamillo, tucsonvx), but I know there are a lot more out there in Tucson and Phoenix! Lets hear from you guys.

Triathlete
08/11/2005, 09:20 AM
Heres the post for the get together! (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=7382)