PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Domestic Model VX owners - Forum ?

moon buggy
07/25/2005, 04:08 PM
how many members here have the JDM model, ....I have requested with Scott's assist/support to see if any folks here see the value in setting up a section for these.....
The number of replies I guess will indicate the interest..

...if you have one thats a personal import like we have here in Australia..you ceratinly know the value of this site, as we are literally on our own with no warranties, and no dealer support...so a section within this wider community where we can relate our experiences with sourcing alternate replacement parts, translations or interpretations of the japanese manuals, scans..etc etc as they relate to these models would be invaluable..

..Let us know
Regards
david

SilverBullet75
07/25/2005, 04:32 PM
Can you please post the definition of JDM for those who don't know? Thanks!

moon buggy
07/25/2005, 06:47 PM
sorry
Japanese Domestic Model

here in Australia, as well as, several other countries VXs were imported [in small numbers, but NOT by Isuzu] in as "grey imports' for the thriving 2nd hand Jap import car market, they are imported and then complied locally so that they can driven legally...most adjustments to our JDM cars as they are already RHD are things like side indicator lights/colour, side intrusion bars, seat belt locations, child restraint fitment etc etc

Regards
david

Moncha
07/25/2005, 07:09 PM
I changed the title of the thread to better describe the idea. There is way enough difference between the models that can warrant a section of their own to help from burying the info amongst the other threads.. Like moon buggy said, we'll see the response and go from there..

dutchie
07/26/2005, 06:30 AM
Hi, as a former owner of a Japanese VX and close friend to Japanese VX guru Naoki(see homepage links at the bottom), I might be able to answer some questions and eventually follow up on some parts you guys might need.
parts (http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/shopping15/shopping15.htm)
naoki's page (http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/)
Cheers,
Serge

ameetw
07/26/2005, 05:01 PM
I have a JDM unit as you call it. Here in Malaysia Isuzu does sell the Vx, but don't really care much after that. :), but they do try to help if they know what you're taking about.
As for Naoki's site, he has a lot of great stuff, but the exchange rate is a little steep for the time being. Since the Malaysian Ringgit(Dollar) has been unpegged, There has been a drop in the US currency. Once it touches about 2.8, it's time to buy..... or if the lottery hits :))
FYI, a few of the parts are similar to the Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper) and the Isuzu Invader (Double cab.). I'm still checking on the new Isuzu D-Max (Double cab).

Ameet

OZ VX
07/27/2005, 04:29 AM
Currenty Moon Buggy and I talk on the phone about our VX's. It would be good for even potential vx owners to see that there is some support out there even though it is not by the manufacturer.

I have called Isuzu Australia on one (and only) occasion about getting a part, and even though i had the part number, they had no idea what i was on about, I even had to spell Vehicross about 5 times and describe what it was. All we have in Australia for support are other VX owners in this forum, which is extremly usefull, more so than a dealer I believe. So without all you guys we would be stuffed.

I think it would be good to be able to have some sort of directory or thread to post up part numbers of consumables, like belts, filters, spark plugs, globes etc. because some of the US part numbers do not correspond with the japanese version.

Moncha
07/27/2005, 07:51 AM
How about a Section with sub-sections for those types of things? I'm willing you accomodate you as much as I can.

moon buggy
07/27/2005, 02:00 PM
Yep I think thats the way to go, thanks for your help

sam
08/01/2005, 06:18 PM
Hi all!

Yes back after God knows how long!

This section is a much needed for us JDM owners! I have done so much research and enquiries in the US that it is refreshing for us JDM owners to stick together!

Take a look at my photo's under Sam to see what i have done with JDM Vehicross....I still can't believe ISUZU UK didn't license the Vehicross to be sold in the UK. I still get drivers of BMX X5 & Range Rovers asking me at the traffic lights "What the hell is that?" "Is that a 2005 range from Isuzu?"

I hope to hear from JDM owners soon!

Regards
SAM

BigDave
11/01/2005, 01:13 AM
Greetings Guys

I've got a JDM here in Auckland NZ. Go'n great. :)

Nice to know there is help out there 'cause Holden (Isuzu) here don't want to know about VXs.

Cheers.....

Mantronix7
11/01/2005, 08:05 AM
Howdy!

One JDM from Bangkok, Thailand here. 1997 Ebony