PDA

View Full Version : WeathFlector install ?...

gruven
03/29/2003, 08:38 PM
Mine arrived last week (and the quality is excellent!) but I must be doing something wrong- even after watching the video & searching posts- and of course waiting to see if they settled in.

Knowing that they "attach" in the window channel, do they actually touch the window when shut (ride against it) at the highest point farthest from the mirror?

Mine don't seem to bow out enough as there is a very slight 'tick' when the window closes past the space in which they both share. The little bump (about half way up the windshield) is just a little off from matching too- it looks as though the length of the upper tab doesn't allow for it to seat quite far enough back into the door. I know this sounds like equipment-superior-to-operator, and it probably is- but I have tried installing back to front, front to back, standing on my head, etc. with the same result.

Any hints???? Thanx!!!

gruven

hitnrun74
03/30/2003, 08:02 AM
Are they the Macneils? If so mine took a few tries to get the fit perfect. Just make sure you got the right model. Check the number on the packaging at the website. A buddy of mine got the wrong ones and had to send them back for the correct part number.

gruven
03/30/2003, 11:51 AM
Yup- they are MacNeil's...
I will doublecheck part#. Thanks for the heads up.
All ideas/hints appreciated!