PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting info from Isuzu representative on VX #s in US, plus a problem

LukeVX
07/21/2005, 06:27 AM
Hey everyone,

I was talking to a representative from Isuzu on the phone the other day discussing some warranty work and the topic of how many VX’s there are came up. I told him there were just a bit over 4100 shipped to the US over the three years. He told me I was incorrect and that Isuzu’s records show about 9000 instead. Has anyone ever seen this number before, because from the sound of it he was looking the information up on his computer right in front of him at the Isuzu office? In addition, he did not seem to be the typical Isuzu representative who most don’t even seem to know the VX exists.

For example, the reason I called the guy with Isuzu was because I am trying to get my hood insert replaced under warranty and they are saying that he stress marks are from “someone marking on the hood” and the crack that is starting right at the beginning of the stress marks “is because someone sat on the hood or something” according to the service manager. I wish they had some kind of record of how many hood inserts had been replaced because of cracking. The just don’t know about the vehicle at all unless they work for Isuzu.

Feed back on either paragraph above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

tomdietrying
07/21/2005, 06:58 AM
I don't think this guy knows what he's talking about. You give him to much credit just because he knows what the VX is.

Anyhow, there are a lot of people on this board that have the insert replaced. I'm one of them. That happens to be one of the flaws with the VX. The insert keeps cracking.

Peace.
Tom

thebear54
07/22/2005, 05:06 AM
REALLY ???????????
Does this guy even know what a VX looks like ??????
Hell, Isuzu only produced 4,803 VX world wide between 1997-2001 and the US only got about 4,153 between 1999-2001. These numbers are documented by Isuzu. So somebody is blowing smoke up your tailpipe :p
John

WormGod
07/22/2005, 07:08 AM
You sure you didnt call Isuzuki? :p

Isuzu document things like flaws like windows, inserts, and random engine failure? Nah.... that would be too kind. Instead, they would rather tell you that you are NOT a unique and beautiful snowflake and that you should have bought a Honda instead. I am lucky so far and an a family friend of the controlling manager at my Isuzu dealership. So far in the 3+ years I have had my VX, it has only had to go back once for something very minor. It goes in next week for a 30K checkup. My family friend there arranged the appointment and set up a loaner for me. I have not dealt with their techs at all yet on my VX but I do have some issues that I need to discuss with them like possible headlight replacement (seal completely gone) and hard shift in tranny. Very curious to see how they will deal with these things. Friend or no friend, I am waiting to hear "stop being so hard on yout transmission and your seal wouldnt have come off if you didnt chew on it all the time".

james1_10018
07/22/2005, 08:49 AM
does this mean the rest of the worl d only got 700 ? Because I seem to see many Pictures of some in Japan Russia, Australia etc

transio
07/22/2005, 10:33 AM
does this mean the rest of the worl d only got 700 ? Because I seem to see many Pictures of some in Japan Russia, Australia etc
More than 700 of them?

MachineVX
07/22/2005, 01:31 PM
My preferred dealer closed its doors, and since then, I can't find a dealer with a good tech that's nearby. The last place I took it to, the tech was afraid to do anything because of the supercharger.

AnalogVX
07/22/2005, 01:45 PM
Actually I thought the worldwide number was about 9000 since 1998 and 4600 imported into the US 1999 to 2001? The VX had a following in Japan before it came to the US.

thebear54
07/22/2005, 07:24 PM
According to the records---
The rest of the world (including Japan) only received around 650 VX models between 1997-2001. The majority of cars (4,153) went to the USA market.
Every VX you see in Australia, Japan, Russia and Europe are all pre 1999 issues with Japanese spec interiors and accessories.
---That's according to Isuzu (I ain't making this up) :)
John