PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Name Suggestions

Heraclid
07/17/2005, 09:26 AM
As many of you know, I now have a kitten that had to have its tail and one of its rear legs amputated. Since I found her June 14, I think it's high time we named her, since it's looking like either we'll keep her or my parents will. She is just now fully recuperated. I've been looking all over for ideas and would really appreciate any suggestions from all of you. Definitely looking for new ideas, and also feedback on the ones below - tell me what's you think is cool, and even what you think totally sucks. She is black and white, no tail, minus a rear leg that helps. Here's a list thus far:

Amp (for her being a little bundle of energy and an amputee)
Double Amp (lost tail and leg)
Roadie
Road Trip
Three-Way Stop
Asphalt
Speed Bump
Road Rash
Boulevard
Tarmac
Blacktop
Diesel (a cat purring can kinda sound like a diesel idling)
AAA or Triple-A (could be for Another Asphalt Amp or something)

Stumpy
Stubby
Tripod
Tria (meaning "three")
Three
Leash (I never knew this, but it also means "a set of three")
Triplet
Tri
Tricycle or Trike
Trinity
Trilogy
3 of 5 (has 3 of 5 appendages remaining)
Stitch (has had a few of these)
3 Ped
Noped (like moped, but meaning "no foot")

Gimpy

Forrest Gimp would be a fun name if it were a male. I mean, when I first saw her she was running all over the place dodging vehicles with bad legs, just like Forrest Gump.

Miracle
Hops
Lucky
Hope
Spirit
Moxie

Domino (balck and white cat)
Nike (she has white feet, also Greek goddess of victory)
Reebok (for the white feet)

Laptop

Pisa (after the Leaning Tower of...)

Hat Trick (meaning pulling off a remarkable feat in threes, usually used in sports)

Gunny (gunnysacks or potato sacks are used for three-legged races)

Belle, or Rive (she was found near a street called Belle Rive, and "rive" is an actual English word I didn't know before that means broken to pieces, torn, etc., like the way I found her)

Ldub
07/17/2005, 09:58 AM
Thats quite a list,I like Amp or Double Amp. Also, Tre would be appropriate.
Maybe TAC...(Tre amp circut)...I dunno, I'm from a farm, so I'm used to names like: Midnight, or Cat, or Bailer accident (jk, never had one named bailer accident :p )
All funnies aside, I'm glad to hear she's doing well & will be joining your family tree on one branch or another.
You're a good man David, please post more pics.
Ldub

Anita
07/17/2005, 10:29 AM
I got to say.. I got a kick out of "Pisa". I like that one. :)

transio
07/17/2005, 08:41 PM
Trinity, or Trin, would be cute :)

OZ VX
07/18/2005, 05:59 AM
NOTOD - because it doesnt have four legs it has no TOD

My cats are called Yuki (japanese for snow) and MOMO

Some friends of mine just got some kittens, Raj and Saba.

Stump in japanese is Dantan.

I like Tria

Moncha
07/18/2005, 07:00 AM
How about,

ILENE ?

or

APED? (a-ped)

Heraclid
07/18/2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks everyone - I'm keeping the suggestions handy. :-)

Ldub, since you're from the farm, was it in ND too? My Dad grew up on a farm in Wishek, ND, then the Navy brought him to FL. We know some folks in Wishek who have lots of cats on their farm, several of which are missing pieces. We also have family in Bismarck. My Dad bought the farm he grew up on, so the next time I'm up there, maybe we can meet up. I know that's not real close to ya, but if I'm ever up that way I'll give a shout out to ya just in case.

Ldub
07/18/2005, 04:10 PM
Heraclid,
No, not ND, just across the river a few miles in MN. Lower state taxes & auto ins. brought me to the ND side.
Next time you visit the fam. in ND let me know, I need only the slightest of excuses to take a road trip...& the zuzu dealer in Bismarck has something I want ;) .
Ta for now, Ldub

Heraclid
07/18/2005, 04:19 PM
Cool! Won't be soon since I started a new job and have no vacation yet, but every now and then I'm around there. My parents go up fairly often but it's kinda hard for me to take off enough time to make the trip from FL to ND with them in their RV so I'd have to fly in. :-)

SilverBullet75
07/18/2005, 04:24 PM
I second the vote for Trinity!

WyrreJ
07/18/2005, 07:16 PM
Ilene, definitely Ilene.