PDA

View Full Version : LED arrows

VCrossGurlie2006
07/13/2005, 11:51 PM
Do ya'll think these would look okay? LED arrows (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7986353411&category=33717&rd=1) i really dunno if i want em for myself jus kinda curious....
and one more thing senior pix are comin up and everyone 'round here usually gets at least one pose w/their car sooooo i was thinkin where i should take the vx for the pic? The place im gettin mine done at as a pic of a boy and his mustang in an alley w/graffiti everywhere but i really dunno bout that so id like to hear your opinions...... Thanks! :)

thebear54
07/14/2005, 04:15 AM
I think they look really cool for an aftermarket add-on. The price is right and the installation sound like a "cake walk". All the newer trucks have these put on at the factory...I was kinda wondering when someone would come out with some for other vehicles.
John

Moncha
07/14/2005, 10:25 AM
Well, that takes care of an idea that I've had for some time since I've been messing around with LED replacement lamps which of I will have another review after this weekend (Don't hijack this thread to ask).. I like these as an alternative but would still like the lamps to be behind the mirror so they are invisible until lit..

WyrreJ
07/14/2005, 05:56 PM
Invisible is definitely cooler. I've been thinking about something that would glue onto the bottom of the mirror's frame. Lumileds makes a "side-emitting" version of their Luxeon LEDs that emits in a circle, so a couple of those mounted flush across the bottom would be practically invisible until lit and when lit viewable from all angles - not just the rear. I have not seen any aftermarket LED kit like that though.

Heraclid
07/14/2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, they're great. I can shoot 'em in low light and a magnet on the bow's riser turns on the LED in the nock as it passes by. Puts out a nice bright red light and it definitely helps you track the arrow. Passing it over the magnet again turns it back off. Occasionally impact will turn them off (generally only if you fire off an arrow and it practically lands right on top of another one).

Oh... not those kinds of arrows, eh? :-p