PDA

View Full Version : Painted Cladding?

SilverBullet75
07/13/2005, 12:41 PM
Has anyone painted their cladding Astral Silver?
If you have, did you use a flex-additive in the paint? Did you sand down the texture, or just paint over the texture?
Any pics or links to pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

VehiGAZ
07/13/2005, 01:18 PM
SPAZZ painted his cladding, but not silver.

thebear54
07/13/2005, 07:16 PM
Zadam had his rhino coated and then painted blue...looks awesome too!
ask him for the details.
There is also a Photon out in Colorado with matching yellow cladding...Super looking.It can be done and there are probably a few different methods out there which people have tried.
John

OZ VX
07/14/2005, 03:37 AM
Mine was already painted in a silver that is slightly different to the rest of the car. Got hit by a stone on the front and it is starting to peel. It does look good especially if the rest of the car is silver.

transio
07/14/2005, 09:13 AM
How would one go about removing the texture in order to paint the cladding? I'd love to have mine in black! :p

PS - how much does rhino coating cost? What color is it by default? What benefits does it have over exposed cladding?

WormGod
07/14/2005, 02:46 PM
No need to remove the roughness if a plastic catalyst is used in the plastic prep, primer, and paint. The coats of all of that combined will give the cladding a smooth-look surface. Believe it or not, the rough texture will actually aid in the adherance of the paint.

I wish I could find fiberglass replacements of the cladding. I would paint it then. That Mooncraft stuff was damned sweet but too pricey and too far away.

thebear54
07/14/2005, 07:16 PM
I agree the MoonCraft stuff is sweet but over priced...
Too bad nobody here could(well, they could...but would they?) fab something together along those lines.
I have only seen one VX with the Rhino Coating and it (Hey, Adam) looks cool!
John

SilverBullet75
07/15/2005, 11:27 AM
Mine was already painted in a silver that is slightly different to the rest of the car. Got hit by a stone on the front and it is starting to peel. It does look good especially if the rest of the car is silver.

OZ, I just saw your gallery... I LIKE THAT!!!
I would probably do the same color as original, but I just needed to see what it would look like on someone else's.:)

Thanks!